JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I moved to the PNW about 11 years ago.

I moved up here with my girlfriend, now wife. I saved up 10k and she had 40k in student loans and 10k in credit card debt. We moved to get away from drunken parents and lost California dreams. I just shredded a bunch of old tax forms and the first year in PDX we made 39k together, we lived paycheck to paycheck - don't know how we survived.

I met some great people on these boards, traded components with some very eccentric people - great people - but eccentric nonetheless. When we couldn't afford PDX anymore we moved up to Vancouver, WA. This is when I met the crew at Sporting System, still one of my favorite shops. I started going out to Northwest Firearm events like pick up the Burn and met @Cogs before eventually Vancouver became too expensive as well.

Ended up in Idaho for a quick six months before landing in Spokane the past 5 years. Got settled with the wife, bought a house. Unfortunately, not much organized shooting sports seems to be going on out in the Spokane area and they closed yet another shooting spot. I never truly settled in here in Spokane, always felt like something was a little off - its probably just me.

Well, now I am off to Knoxville. The breadwinner of the house (not me) just accepted a job that's paying for relocation. After my wife accepted the offer, she looked at me and said, "You're half way to house husband."

Its been a great 11 years here, I wish everyone well!

-Signing Off

Nate! It's great to hear from you! I wish you well and great success as 'House Husband'! Knoxville! Wow! Let us know what goes on there for the shooting sports.

Enjoy and have a great year!

Bill

You can still live there virtually. Nice to see the $50k in student loans and credit cards reaped a windfall. I wish you and yours an amazing new adventure!

Good luck, hope this is your happy place.

Bob lee Swagger: Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shootin' stuff.

Just because you're leaving the area and won't have actual contact with the people you've met on here, doesn't mean ya can't hang out and talk guns.

Good luck on the move. It will certainly be a change of scenery for you.

ps. I wouldn't mind being a house husband too much, either. 👍

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads