JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New member here. Every time I log in a message tells me that I should post. I figured that is is as good as any.

I grew up hunting elk out of the Browns Camp and Jordan Creek area and deer up off of the Molalla. It's been years since I've been back up there, but from what I understand Browns Camp is pretty much just for the ORV crowd now and the Molalla is over run with meth heads. Is this true?

I live in Sherwood and I am looking for a spot to get in some target shooting for shotgun, rifle, and handgun.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

New member here. Every time I log in a message tells me that I should post. I figured that is is as good as any.

I grew up hunting elk out of the Browns Camp and Jordan Creek area and deer up off of the Molalla. It's been years since I've been back up there, but from what I understand Browns Camp is pretty much just for the ORV crowd now and the Molalla is over run with meth heads. Is this true?

I live in Sherwood and I am looking for a spot to get in some target shooting for shotgun, rifle, and handgun.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Browns camp is a very large OHV area and frankly I don't think it would be to great of a place to hunt. People are up there utilizing the area all year around, loud engines and lots of commotion don't lend itself to wildlife. However there are a few places to shoot in Brown's Camp. There is the rock quarry that is open most of the time, and another place a little farther up the road. FWIW, I've met more question able types at Brown's then I have out of Molalla. Also check the section for outdoor shooting areas, there maybe something suggested on your side of the valley.

Regarding Molalla, two of my friends and I hunted that area a few times during general season. We ran into a few other hunters, but no one I'd describe as a meth head. Ran into a few loggers working the area as well. It wasn't an uncomfortable place to go hunt game, however we never did end up finding a good spot. We saw no animals and very little sign. Our hunt this year was thrown together at the last minute, so this year I hope to get some scouting done if I am not drawn for tags.

Welcome to the forum! If an organized venue suits you, then Tri County Gun Club is within spitting distance of you. Wish I lived that close to it!

Browns camp is a very large OHV area and frankly I don't think it would be to great of a place to hunt. People are up there utilizing the area all year around, loud engines and lots of commotion don't lend itself to wildlife. However there are a few places to shoot in Brown's Camp. There is the rock quarry that is open most of the time, and another place a little farther up the road. FWIW, I've met more question able types at Brown's then I have out of Molalla. Also check the section for outdoor shooting areas, there maybe something suggested on your side of the valley.

Regarding Molalla, two of my friends and I hunted that area a few times during general season. We ran into a few other hunters, but no one I'd describe as a meth head. Ran into a few loggers working the area as well. It wasn't an uncomfortable place to go hunt game, however we never did end up finding a good spot. We saw no animals and very little sign. Our hunt this year was thrown together at the last minute, so this year I hope to get some scouting done if I am not drawn for tags.

I'm just looking to get some practice in for now, but want to get back to hunting in the next couple of years. Thanks for the updates.

Welcome to the forum! If an organized venue suits you, then Tri County Gun Club is within spitting distance of you. Wish I lived that close to it!

Thanks for the welcome.
You're right, Tri County is just under 2 miles from my driveway. I am awaiting the next enrollment. In the mean time, I just wanna get up in the woods.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top