1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

It's been a month since the upgrade, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Joe Link, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Well guys, it's been exactly a month since our upgrade to vB4. We don't have everything worked out quite yet, but we're very close. I'd like to hear what you guys think of the updated site now that you've had some time to play with it.
  2. I think it's entirely too bright. Otherwise, I'm getting used to it. I wish I could look at the ENTIRE classifieds, without having to go into each sub-section.
  3. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Yeah, still working on toning down the brightness.

Do you mean entire as in handguns, rifles, accessories, etc. all at once? Or do you mean all the handguns, all the rifles, all the accessories, separately, like it used to be?
  4. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

I like the old style better. This new version is too "busy", too bright, and it WILL NOT work with my cell phone like the old version did. It is very frustrating.
  5. I like the ability to search Rifles or Handguns only, but alot of the time I just want to review all the items. There should be a link for "ALL Classifieds", a section with everything posted.
  6. cyclesurvival

cyclesurvival Vancouver Well-Known Member

I like it! works with my cell phone now. took some pratice but easy to get used to.
  7. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

When someone posts a link, it isn't in blue.

I used to receive emails with a new post in a thread and made it interesting. Now I am receiving emails to tell me someone has posted and it no longer displays the contents of the post and shows ~~~~~~~~~~. Kind of miss it.

The new classifieds are nice with the separate state subsections.

The PM box seems to take more effort when deleting old messages.

Leaving feedback isn't as easy as it used to be.

My 2 cents.

8. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I think the search function was much more intuitive on the old site.
  9. ricsha

ricsha Oregon Coast - Lincoln City Member

Too bright for me, just does not appeal as much as the old version. Sorry, wish I could be more positive!
  10. CVMustang

CVMustang Hillsboro Member

Joey, my feedback score (34) dissapeared again.

I love the classifieds being separated by state now, very good idea!
  11. VW_Factor

VW_Factor Woodburn Oregon Active Member

I'd like to see themes. And new icons for read, and not read, replied, etc..
  12. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I am actually not minding the new format at all. It is nice and easy to read and easy to navigate.
  13. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Lower Yakima Valley Well-Known Member

I like it. Good job. Themes/skins would be nice, but not required for my enjoyment of the site. Oh, and more obvious hyperlinks as someone else mentioned. People who are not that web savvy have a hard time finding links in people's posts.
  14. Nimh

Nimh Everett, WA Member

+1 for the new classifieds, and I like the new search. The current theme doesn't bug me, but I wouldn't mind having a few others to choose from.
  15. Bunny

Bunny Portland, OR Well-Known Member

For the most part I like it. The new layout grew on me and it's nice (still a little too bright for my liking).

The only things that still kinda bug me are:

- a couple of my sent PMs randomly disappeared (not that is matters to me, but it might to someone)
    - that weird copy paste issue I had with a thread that still pops up now and then
    - thread links not being a different color. Although I'm glad they're underlined now.
    - the white page background. it's really bright. maybe we could change it to black like this?
    - and it's not really something that's a big deal, but i'd also like to see a new button theme. the ones we have now are so dull that i don't even look at them anymore. they may as well not be there to me.

Also, I get a little frustrated with the filter too. Is there a way to have a drop down menu filter? So we can choose options to view everything, everything but ads, and just ads? Sometimes I just want to view the ads without having to go through all of the normal posts or having to check each forum. Or vice versa. A selection option for the filter would be great and would keep everything on one page without having to scroll up and find the right filter link in the navbar. Other than that I like it and I think once the bugs are worked out, it'll be better than before. Nice work on it. :)
  16. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

+1 I could kind of get updates at work just by checking my email.
  17. sandman1212

sandman1212 NW Oregon Active Member

I have to agree with the others about the brightness... color scheme is very bland for me. need some color. I do like that you can choose where you want to look at by state or sell too by state, in the classifieds.
  18. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

I figured the lack of text on e-mail notifications was a crafty "draw" to get me to log in to the site. Can't fault marketing techniques, but if it continues, I may opt to not get e-mail notifications.

Oh. and my trade rating comes and goes. (In this case, gone.)
  19. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

I miss being able to add "smileys" to posts and replies. It is easy to have words mis-interpreted and smilies provide the emotional tone of the post.......................elsullo
  20. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

If you hit "go advanced" there is a emoticon drop down, I just don't know why it doesnt show up in quick replies.