JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
pot of water technique... first they came for the tommyguns, then they tried for bayonette lugs, pistol grips and >10-round magazines... then they'll backdoor more through "health care reform", because after all since the government is going to pay for your medical they should have a say in the activities and property you own that could incure more medical costs... its "for the children" donchaknow!

While the outgoing SecDef Gates comments about the pathetic participation by our NAT allies isn't exactly about the UN I think the UN and NATO share the same myopic beauracratic ineptitude and lack of guts to pursue with any type of vigor of trying to inhibit, curtail, or work around our 2A. **** if NATO/UN are essentially ineffectual on more mundane stff I don't see them ever being a threat to our countries stance on individual ownwership.

This type of thread pops up all the time on all the gun boards and I just chuckle because all it really turns out to be is someone throwing out some "OMG" comments to get the masses of gn owners to get all apoplectic and start a run on powder, primers, ammo, and guns. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is an inside job started with a group of gun shop owners who want to bounce sales.:s0114:

Look at it this way: You're with a group camping, and you've decided that you'll all come running in the middle of the night if the lookout spots anything dangerous. If you have a jumpy lookout, who thinks EVERYTHING is a mortal danger, none of you get any sleep all night. That goes on for months. So how ready are you to face a REAL threat after months of springing to the alert everytime some skittish nimrod sounds an alarm?

Keep your powder dry, ladies. You might actually need it later.

By the way, the OP lost me by posting a goofball blog entitled, "The Bell Tells for You." It's "tolls" as in "rings."

Look at it this way: You're with a group camping, and you've decided that you'll all come running in the middle of the night if the lookout spots anything dangerous. If you have a jumpy lookout, who thinks EVERYTHING is a mortal danger, none of you get any sleep all night. That goes on for months. So how ready are you to face a REAL threat after months of springing to the alert everytime some skittish nimrod sounds an alarm?

Keep your powder dry, ladies. You might actually need it later.

By the way, the OP lost me by posting a goofball blog entitled, "The Bell Tells for You." It's "tolls" as in "rings."

Ya, and then there's the group of sleepy-headed campers that tunes out the lookouts warnings, and gets eaten by "ravenous wolves." Wisdom/experience, breeds caution !

As much as BearAspen would like to believe, my disdain for using lethal force on my fellow citizens has nothing to do with me "having a pair." It is simply my belief that you should render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's (right or wrong, its my right to believe what I like). I might not agree with my government does (both liberal and conservative), but I will work at following their direction while working to change those laws that I do not agree with (within reason). That being said, I do not consider the UN a governing body that I need to listen to, so I know of no reason to obey their directives...

You can all razz me for "not having a pair", but I do not have a stomach to shoot at my fellow countrymen unless they shoot first...

Caesar was assassinated so yes, render unto Caesar!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top