JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Each Fall I go through my/our flashlights and be sure each has fresh batteries. It can sneak up on you I know that for a fact. I was moving some home protection equipment around this evening and checking the attached lights. Discovered that a primary piece of protection equipment had need of new batteries. Hmmm, said I. When was the last time I checked this light? About 6 months ago and the light worked well then. Well, not this evening. Took a few minutes remembering exactly how the batteries go in and then a few more looking for the spares. Happy news! Found the skulking batteries [not ones you can buy at the local supermarket] installed same and now it all works as expected again. Happy I didn't need this one in the dark when something/one goes bump in the dark. I would have had bad words to say for sure. So, fellow Forum mates, check out the batteries in your home protection gear too while replacing regular old flashlight batteries. Have spares! Remember that one is none and two are one --- especially true when it comes to batteries. Have a good weekend everyone.

Good advice. I've mentioned this before in a few threads but it just happened again, watch your Duracell batteries. I NEVER buy them anymore but sometimes they come in items purchased. Just had another one leak, not joking this is about the 50th occurrence of a leaking Duracell I've had. Nearly all of them went well before the use by date on the battery. YMMV

Good on ya Will. I have had batteries leak on me too. What a mess. The most recent was the battery on my primer feed alarm. Yep that battery was old and I couldn't recall when it had last been replaced. I will be more aware of battery brands now that you have brought this up. Seems like Duracells are about the only offerings in our small country store here. There are the generic ones but, unless its an emergency, I leave them hanging on the rack. Best battery wishes!

ZZMAG471PAR_3.jpg 31i1ETUP4jL._AC_SY350_.jpg 055_3_1.jpg

Good advice. I've mentioned this before in a few threads but it just happened again, watch your Duracell batteries. I NEVER buy them anymore but sometimes they come in items purchased. Just had another one leak, not joking this is about the 50th occurrence of a leaking Duracell I've had. Nearly all of them went well before the use by date on the battery. YMMV
Dura-Leak….

I had to replace my smoke/CO detectors and got some at Costco that supposedly have 10 year batteries built in.... :s0155:
.... I sure hope they work as promised. I won't miss climbing ladders twice a year, or waking up to that darn "chirp-chirp" at 3AM. :mad:

I don't trust those Magpul grip inserts at all. BCM #3 all the way.
I prefer the Hogue grip which unfortunately doesn't have storage, but the Magpul grip with insert that I do have has never given me issue. I even pulled the optic off and dropped the gun (on carpet) a few times. Nothing happened. I know that's not much of a test but for something that's just holding a battery it was good enough for me.

Good advice. I try to do this for EVERYTHING with a battery around once a year. Red dots, illuminated scopes, rangefinder, anything at all with a battery. Also, batteries in items kept in a car (like a flashlight) get stressed even more with the big temp changes.

I prefer the Hogue grip which unfortunately doesn't have storage, but the Magpul grip with insert that I do have has never given me issue. I even pulled the optic off and dropped the gun (on carpet) a few times. Nothing happened. I know that's not much of a test but for something that's just holding a battery it was good enough for me.
I had the spare bolt insert in while I was taking a class up in Goldendale and found my bolt on the ground twice. I have zero confidence in them.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top