Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

It's an Illusion

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by treemanx, Nov 14, 2009.

1. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

Here is a video that I believe everyone should watch. If you really pay attention to what the guy is saying, it's really an amazing concept.

This is a video from a presentation given by a British guy named John Harris. The information presented is all about the United Kingdom, but anyone who watches this can see how it relates to the United States.

Mods, if you need to move this thread to the Off Topic section, thats fine, but please dont close or remove it. I would really like for NWFA members to watch this video, and then look at the second link I will post, and then comment on it all.

Absolutely incredible.......... "It's An Illusion"Please refer to post #9 in this thread for the links to this video, as John Harris's site has crashed or been shut down and is no longer available.

After watching the video, click here.

Thoughts?

2. treemanx

Anybody watch this yet? Any thoughts? I dont know if I necessarily believe everything this guys is saying, but there sure are some pretty convincing arguments. If I think about it logically, I can see how "possible" this actually is. Especially considering that our Government has looked to the UK as a blueprint of certain things they might like to change about the US.

3. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

The only loophole I see in his theory is that we all have a birth certificate which by his standards would consider us property of the U.S. corporation. I do agree with some of his speach but all the government needs to say is if you do not wish to abide by the laws/contracts then leave the country/corporation. Simple fact is you need a major labor/citizen rebellion to rewrite the contracts/laws otherwise the corporation is free to do as they see fit and fire/imprison those workers that contest.

4. treemanx

deadeye-

I agree. I understood him to be saying that by having birth certificates, social security numbers, etc., that we have an imaginary persona created by the Government. This persona is not actually "us", but a representative of us to the Gov..

As we were not able to give consent to the contract we entered into at birth, these "imaginary persona's" need to be attached to an actual flesh and blood man or woman to have validity.

What is the first thing a police officer asks for when he makes contact with a subject? Drivers License. This has your name, address, and DL number on it. This is your consent to give validity to the imaginary persona they have created for you, and therefore gives them the legal (not lawful) ability to punish you with the statues they enforce on any member of their Corporation. When an officer asks "Who are you? Where do you live?", and you reply, "John Doe, 555 Sunrise St., Dupe Montana," you are giving them a name, and connecting that name with a location pin=points who you are. But not only that, it is your answer to the question, giving consent to be treated as part of the Corp..

As far as the Gov saying, "Just leave then", have you ever tried to destroy your birth certificate? Not the one you have at home, but the original? I havent, but I bet it would be pretty hard to do. The Gov dosent want anyone to leave the Corp, as far as this guys says, they want you to be preoccupied with imaginary status symbols and worthless paper green backs, so that YOU can continue to be the real currency to them.

It's no secret that our Gov is run like a Corporation. Interesting, though, to see it on the second link I provided.......United States Senate- Also traded as Barak Obama.

It really blows my mind to think of how this could apply to the States, but Im certainly not going to be going downtown to burn my birth certificate any time soon. Lets just say that Im highly interested in this theory.

5. treemanx

I also dont want people to read my last comment, and think thats all this guy is talking about. What I replied to in the previous post is a small bit of what is discussed in the video. Watch the video for yourself, as he makes alot of very interesting points besides what I replied about to deadeye.

6. aslinged

aslinged Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

Have you got another link to that video, or some search words? The location seems to have changed.

7. usmc0311

usmc0311 Portland Member

the film link is broken, fyi, but easily googled. I watched about the first 15 minutes of this, and gotta admit, it's very interesting. I don't think I quite agree with comparing governments to corporations (gov'ts are MUCH more powerful), but would have liked to see him expand on the concept of elections and how votes don't matter, because the corporation has its goals to achieve regardless, and will always head in the same general direction. I, personally, don't trust either side.

To paraphrase one of my favorite authors, we don't live in a democracy. We live under a government where absurdly rich politicians come on TV and tell us what we need and what they will do for us, trying to win our vote. If it was a democracy, we (The People) would tell them what we want and vote in the person that would do it. If they don't, we need some mechanism to replace them with someone who will. It's our voice, not theirs, that needs to be heeded, especially on issues such as gun rights. Bush never did anything that we wanted for gun rights except let the AWB expire, he didn't even try to repeal it. Obama is doing the same (for now), let's hope he doesn't get a hair to take anything else away from us..

8. usmc0311

usmc0311 Portland Member

Aside from all of that, excellent thread, treemanx! Thanks for starting it!

9. treemanx

Well apparently, this guy's site crashed or got shut down! His site was at www.tpuc.org, but now is gone. It wasnt a little cheesy site either, it was well established looking professional website. Luckily, you can still view the video at youtube or google.

The title of the video seminar is called "It's an Illusion", but the name of his movement is called "Lawful Rebellion". I find it highly interesting that the site was shut down (or crashed, who knows).

10. treemanx

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, it is a little hard to put Governments in such a small box as "Corporation", because the name doesnt describe the higher level of influence and power that a big Government wields. But, if you watched enough of the video to see John Harris refer to that business website that shows "Companies", or "Corporations" with their stock trading names and whatnot- and then followed the second link in the OP, it shows evidence of exactly that. Not only is the UK government listed as a business, but also the US, Barack Obama, and the US Senate. Maybe even more from the US, I havent looked further yet.

Anyhow, I love that quote, thanks again for the reply!

11. treemanx

I would really love to get opinions from everyone here at NWFA on this thing. Mods, Joey, have you got any interest to watch this video and give a comment? PlayboyPenguin, CEF, Gunner, JJ, etc., etc., where are you? And everyone else here with high intelligence and strong opinions? I know the video is a little long to devote time to watching, but I really think it's worth it. I would love to get all our great thinkers in here and shed some light on the subject.

Thanks to you who have commented already!

12. aslinged

aslinged Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

I watched the videos and I've researched the idea of Freeman on the Land previously, which is pretty similar to this. Agreed that it's a fascinating subject. It seems to me that John Harris is still figuring it all out, which would make sense given the sort of secretive and conspiratorial nature of the content. The only place I've arrived so far is to realize two things: one that this probably wouldn't make a bit of difference in the real world where the cops, the courts, the polling apparatus and everything is either ignorant or opposed to the freedom offered through this concept; two, the first and obvious conclusion doesn't necessarily make the whole thing worthless by any stretch. So, I guess all I can say at this point is that the most valuable things to know would be who started these ideas, where are the origin points and are there any successful and fully verifiable/trustworthy examples of the process actually working. It may be in the end that the whole thing is a sort of movement, something that could in fact work if it had the right surrounding circumstance ie. critical mass or mass media exposure. Of course that in itself would be tricky, because you don't just thing the beneficiaries of this lopsided injustice are just going to go along with it, right?

13. fingolfen

fingolfen Oregon Member

Even ignoring the financial element -we don't live in a democracy - we live in a Republic. A Democracy is essentially mob rule.

14. lcb97269

lcb97269 Milwaukie, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter

The link is working now/

Bob

15. treemanx

I thought he did show an example of of the process working, when he showed the video of the guy filming the two police officers walking down the street. You obviously cant base the whole idea on that occurrence, but it certainly supports it in my opinion.

I believe the signs of this being true are all around us, and the more I think of it in context with what I see the more it becomes apparent. I'm not really sure how that fact changes things for me, but it is an interesting thing to think about.