JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Burning through a thousand rounds and calling it a day. I can't say I can do that with any other gun and not feel the financial strain.

2 of my boys before they left for basic training in the Corps about 12 years ago, went through 5,000 rounds each in a week through my Remington 597. Must have worked for them because even 14 weeks later they both qualified expert.

2 of my boys before they left for basic training in the Corps about 12 years ago, went through 5,000 rounds each in a week through my Remington 597. Must have worked for them because even 14 weeks later they both qualified expert.
I recall early outings with my dad and the first 10/22.

If only I kept track of how much 22 I've shot. Wouldn't it be a crazy number.

I recall weekends were I would take one or two bricks of that Winchester M22 stuff out and come home to one really dirty set of Rugers and empty boxes.

Never owned a bolt gun in 22 and I've always wanted one. When these came out and they were made for 10/22 magazines, I really wanted to get one. I figured they would make it in stainless soon or later. Sadly they went more tactical though, I would rather have the iron sights.

I've got a bull barrel Marlin 7000, pretty nice little rifle.
I switched it up to a Savage 17HMR with thumbhole stock, and bipod. with Stainless steel bull barrel.
I traded it for a Train set. Dont have any pictures but is very accurate. Marlin 7000 gonna have to look that up not sure what those are.

I had the Savage 17 thumbhola and all. And another plan Savage 17hmr. Sold them both with no regrets. Ammo costs more than 9mm. And my 22s are proven sand rat slayers. So no upgrade for me thanks.

My bull barrel savage was more accurate w 20 grain.

I switched it up to a Savage 17HMR with thumbhole stock, and bipod. with Stainless steel bull barrel.
I traded it for a Train set. Dont have any pictures but is very accurate. Marlin 7000 gonna have to look that up not sure what those are.

Marlin 7000 is simply a 795 variant with a heavy bull barrel. They were made between 1997 and 2004. @Velzey has done some work on it for me including a new trigger and guard and adding a set of Tech Sights. I still need to put a new stock on it, probably will go with a Boyd's.

Here is a photo from the net (not mine):

soy88n.jpg

I'm left handed. Bill Ruger no longer answers my letters. In fact he never answered. It would be cool if Ruger made all their stuff in left hand. That is all. :(
They released the 6.5 creed in lefty. Does that count?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top