JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, ive been enjoying this rifle immensely and i wanted to share it with you. I bought it about 3 months ago, so this will be a review of the factory rifle as well. The first day i got it, i bought a new PRS stock, radian raptor charging handle, k2+ grip and a few boxes of factory ammo. I really like the slim and light factory handguard and factory trigger. The trigger is good enough that i dont feel a need to replace it. It breaks clean at 3.5 pounds on the second stage, so it is very similar to my RRA 2 stage varmint match triggers. Its actually surprisingly clean for a factory trigger. The ambi controls are excellent as well. Very suitable for a left handed shooter, like myself. Heres the rifle after i installed the upgraded parts:

I wanted to shoot the rifle asap after getting home from portland, but that didnt happen, due to finding the handguard loose and upon further inspection the barrel was also left loose, right from the factory. I looked all around for the proper barrel nut wrench, but to no avail nothing around in a 100 mile radius, so i ordered one off of ebay. When i woke up the next morning after stressing about the dang barrel nut wrench to tighten the barrel nut, i got an idea: id make a barrel nut wrench myself. I work with steel every day, so why not? Heres the tool i made:
Not perfect, but it worked perfectly, if that makes any sense. I was ecstatic and rushed off to the club to shoot my new rifle:
I was actually surprised at the accuracy i got from this new m&p 10 6.5 creedmoor. I shot this string a few days after i bought it:
My daughter even loves shooting it:

I still haven't shot it much, but ive shot it enough to tell you guys that im hanging on to it. I see some big potential in this rifle. Anyone else here buy one of these? If so, please post your thoughts. Thanks for looking.

Last Edited:
Nice shooting.:D I have been wanting one of these. What range is your daughter shooting at? I recognize the
range in the first picture.
Thanks ron. The range my daughter was shooting at is the new indoor range in dalles port Washington. Its only about 5 miles from my house.

Great shooting! I can't figure out how new guns make it to the customer improperly assembled. What scope and reticle did you end up using?

Yeah, me too buddy. It was very concerning when i found the barrel nut was only hand tight!!!!!! Its a good thing i inspected it really well before running off to the range. I contacted S&W, but they just wanted me to send the rifle back. As for scope, im using the Burris AR762 4.5-14×42 rifle scope. Thats all i use on my ars anymore. The reticle is one of my favorites, the c4 wind plex reticle. It suits my needs very well.

Last Edited:
Sweet setup. Congratulations! I was looking at a PSA rifle in 6.5cm but couldn't quite talk myself into it. I think the S&W is much higher quality.

Thanks. I thought so too, but i have some friends that have the PSA10's and they arent bad rifles for the money. They actually shoot surprisingly well too. That dang 6.5 cm cartridge just wants to shoot good. Its not real picky.

I thought it was that range in Carson, WA. Read up on the one in the Dalles, sounds like a nice place. Wish they would conduct some competitive shooting matches there like NRA high power.

Heres another funny story some of you guys may remember me telling. July 31st, i took my dad and my son to a range near my dads house. Its set up with a place you can shoot out to 400 yards. They have a cool steel tree you can plink at:

I had brought 2 creeds with me, my 24" barreled CTR with a nightforce and this performance center. I dialed up off of memory and shot the CTR to see where i was on paper, then i shot the performance center on another target. I drove down to check the target and believe it or not, the performance center shot better than the CTR. I dialed both scopes to center of the bulls eye and proceeded to shoot steel with my son. He shot the performance center and i shot my CTR. He was ringing the 6" plate with no problem and he had never shot an ar before. In fact, the last time he shot a rifle was before he was a teenager and he's 26 now. That may give you guys an idea about how easy this rifle is to shoot. Recoil is extremely mild. Its just fun to shoot. Oh, incase you were wondering, the first group on paper with the performance center was right around 1 3/4" (3 shots) center to center. That actually boggled my mind a little bit.

That's good shooting brother, I haven't jumped onto the AR-10 bandwagon........YET
but when I do I'll check out the 6.5 Creedmoor. ;)

Good Lawdy man, I can't even see 400 yds!!!:s0001::s0001::s0001::s0140:

Yeah, that upper right plate measures 2" across. That damn thing is hard to hit at 400 yards. Let me tell you. I managed 8 out of 10 with the CTR. My boy was getting cocky and thought he was going to hit it too, but he never even grazed it. Oh, by the way, your reloading room is looking awesome!

Yeah, that upper right plate measures 2" across. That damn thing is hard to hit at 400 yards. Let me tell you. I managed 8 out of 10 with the CTR. My boy was getting cocky and thought he was going to hit it too, but he never even grazed it. Oh, by the way, your reloading room is looking awesome!

What, there's targets on the top????:p

Thanks, it's quite functional but found out that I need more drawers....:eek::eek::eek:;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top