JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've been reading a lot about Ithacas lately and have been getting more intrigued. Does anyone have any experience with them? Reliability? Fit and finish? Any sort of aftermarket add-ons? Where can they be found in the NW?

Thanks,
Steve

I have a Model 37 in 20 G,all original including the RayBar sight.
It points vey well,functions flawlessly with anything.
Mine has the factory Pachmayer butt pad,many came with the solid plate.
IIRC my 37 was made in 1962,still in excellent condition,i gave $200 for it about 5 yrs ago.
Good friend has a 37 in 12 G,again very nice gun,but his has the solid butt pad,and after a few boxes of heavy loads you will feel it.
When i go bird hunting or to the range for Sporting Clays,the 37 is the first gun i grab out of the safe.
Don't know much about add ons,i prefer to keep mine original,but different barrels are avail depending on the yr of production,serial # will dictate this.
If you want a tricked out shotty,get a 870 or a 500,if you want a nice shotgun for the field,find a 37.
RK

I would have gone with the 870, but I REALLY like the idea of ejecting shells out the bottom. Plus from the pictures I have seen they look a little nicer than the "big two" companies. I've never actually held one though, they're kind of scarce down here.

When I say add-ons, the only ones I'm really interested are the ability to hold more shells (2 3/4 12g) and maybe a heat shield.

-Steve

you can't make them hold more shells because of the way the barrel mounts.

you can find a factory riot model that holds 7 rounds though.

They are nice shotguns, I have four Ithaca 37s... But I have two 870s for social situations...

I've used M37's for years (grew up in Central NY, everyone had an Ithaca) and particularly with a rifled barrel for slugs. Mine has taken a lot of deer in all kinds of weather. My Dad had one, too, that was 20 years older than mine - same story.

I sold a 20ga - and I'm sorry I did.

Bob

I ran into an old friend of mine in Big 5 today and ended up buying a Remington 870 with the 20" barrel and 8-shot tube. Oh well, it will be a while till I get an Ithica.

Thanks for the replies,
-Steve

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top