JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey gang. I just this past weekend picked up an Ithaca M37 8 shot Tactical shotgun from another forum member. Thanks for the smokin' deal Z-PDX!

It has a synthetic buttstock and forearm, but I am considering putting on a plain jane walnut "corn cob" style forearm and standard walnut buttstock. Did a search and came up with a couple of links, Numrich included, but could only come up with fancy hunting style furniture, i.e. fancy walnut, Monte Carlo buttstocks, etc.....

Any advice on where I might come up with just a plain jane walnut buttstock and corn cob style forend? Not really looking for Craigs list deals, but someone who is a mfg. or distibrutor.

I don't now where to get one, by I wanted to give you two thumbs up on the wood furniture!! I have an 870P with an old LE set of wood on it. A short barrelled shotgun with wood just looks so perfect! Good choice!!

I don't now where to get one, by I wanted to give you two thumbs up on the wood furniture!! I have an 870P with an old LE set of wood on it. A short barrelled shotgun with wood just looks so perfect! Good choice!!

That's part of where I got my motivation. Besides being a HUGE Ithaca 37 fan (I have two other hunting models in the safe I have put THOUSANDS of rounds thru), I saw a thread here a while back where a guy posted a WTS thread with an 870P with some really nice plain jane walnut furniture he put on it. I can kind of kick myself for not buying it. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but I was drooling over the wood.

Well Skang, I could find no good info on aftermarket Ithaca stock makers for the defense shotguns so I took your advice and contacted Ithaca directly.

I was quite surprised to get their reply that the defense grade walnut stock set was only $150 and they could either ship to me or I could send the shotgun to them and they would install it for that price.

If I remember correctly, If I decide to ship the shotgun to them I don't have to go thru an FFL as this would be considered warranty/repair work. Is that correct?

If I remember correctly, If I decide to ship the shotgun to them I don't have to go thru an FFL as this would be considered warranty/repair work. Is that correct?
That IS correct. You can ship the gun directly to them and when done, they can ship it right back to you.

Now, as an Ithaca M37 lover, I'd love to see pics of this gun when you get it finished.

Curious, is it a new (as in Ohio) gun or an older gun?

As for the M37 furniture in general, it is very hard to come by - the buttstocks moreso than the forearms. I've been looking for an old checkered buttstock for a 1940 vintage gun for about six months now and am still empty handed. I have recently come across Gunstocks Inc. who builds and sells the uncheckered (different cut) semi-finished stocks. The 1940 gun is to be a trenchie clone so the uncheckered stock will be "more correct" than a checkered stock, but was kinda hoping for a checkered stock for the ole gun.

That IS correct. You can ship the gun directly to them and when done, they can ship it right back to you.

Now, as an Ithaca M37 lover, I'd love to see pics of this gun when you get it finished.

Curious, is it a new (as in Ohio) gun or an older gun?

As for the M37 furniture in general, it is very hard to come by - the buttstocks moreso than the forearms. I've been looking for an old checkered buttstock for a 1940 vintage gun for about six months now and am still empty handed. I have recently come across Gunstocks Inc. who builds and sells the uncheckered (different cut) semi-finished stocks. The 1940 gun is to be a trenchie clone so the uncheckered stock will be "more correct" than a checkered stock, but was kinda hoping for a checkered stock for the ole gun.

I had checked out Gunstocks Inc as well and didn't have any luck with them for what I was looking for. My M37 8 shot is a few years old, not sure exactly how old, but is is not the current iteration of M37 8 shot. The one they are making today has a fixed barrel, whick makes no sense at all to me. Maybe they were trying to keep the cost down, but I wouldn't have the one's they are making today. The sporting models however look fine.

I would imagine the Ithaca's sell better in some parts of the midwest or back east where you can only use shotguns for deer hunting. The Deerslayer line up looks pretty impressive.

You mean like my ol' buddy here?

P1010074.JPG

There are some folks out there who will duplicate your old stock. But if you want to go cheap and good you could do worse than boyds. BTW the correct term is skived forend, not corn cob. You might want to try bob's gun parts, they have a varied selection for most shotguns (new and used). Yours being one of the newer 37's I am not sure if one of the early stocks would work, but from what I see, probably will.

try this
http://www.gun-parts.com/ithicastocks/

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews