JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Hi all,

I have an Ithaca M1911A1 that I am actually quite loathe to part with. However, these are interesting times and I find that I want to ensure that my current collection has a good variety that suits my needs and wants before the government decides I can no longer have such variety...

This particular pistol is a beauty, at least in my eyes ;). Based on what research I have done, the serial number places a manufacture date of around 1944. Those of you who are familiar with WWII 1911's know that Ithaca was one of many companies used to manufacture this fine pistol.

When I first purchased this gun, I deemed it to be in fair condition. The blue book of gun values places this pistol at around $1600 a couple of years ago. I did have a buddy of mine who is a WWII collector look over the pistol, (he has several himself) and he thought that the pistol was in great condition and seemed to be composed of all its original parts.

photo-1_zps17c6ad18.jpg

photo_3_zps69555850.jpg

photo_4_zps6db06820.jpg

photo_2_zpsb511c411.jpg

photo_5_zps4b6a706b.jpg

photo_6_zps6ff59068.jpg

photo_1_zpsf6175589.jpg

This last picture displays the only blemish outside of normal wear. Some idiot tried to pry the slide release level and was not too careful concerning the finish. It is a cosmetic blemish and has no effect on the operation of the pistol.

As obviously I am not the original owner, I have zero idea of round count, but everything seems to be in great condition, it shoots fantastic and I tend to be more accurate with it then some of my other pistols. My WWII collector buddy seemed to think it had been carried a lot and shot little. The pistol comes with 3 GI style magazines.

I am specifically looking to acquire an AR-15 of equal value in 5.56/.223. And by equal value, I do not mean the inflated prices that people seem to be asking right now. However, if there are folks who are interested in offering cash, I will start with a price of $1500. On the few gun auction/sale sites I have been on, these Ithaca'a are going for anywhere between $1500-$2500 so please be reasonable in your offers if an offer is to be made.

I will also consider other rifle offers and if all else fails, I will also consider other 1911 trade offers. Feel free to make other offers as well, you never know what interesting things could come up and the worst I can say is "not interested".

Thanks all for your time and interest, hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

-D

Last Edited: