JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$190
Manufacturer
Ithaca
Caliber
12 Gauge
City
Salem
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I am selling my Ithaca 37 Featherlight 12 Gauge. Several years ago the buttstock was cracked. There is also a small piece that broke off by the butt pad. The stock had at the time a temporary repair done (turned out to be a long term repair) and the shot gun was used flawlessly for many years after. Reattaching the small piece that broke off was not completed, but never affected the functionality. Fast forward to today….I decided to remove the wrap around the stock that was the temporary repair with plans to repair by first epoxying the crack and then drilling and inserting wood dowels. The small piece that broke off has some been lost. Completing the repair can be done for less than $20 or a new stock can be purchased for less than $100 or a used one for much less. Work is keeping me to busy and I am not finding the time to finish anytime soon, so offering at a much reduced price for someone who wants to put in a little time and money and come out with a nice shotgun for a lot less than they go for. This gun is sought after for multiple reasons, but one which many really like is the "slam fire" function. If you or not familiar with this look it up as it is really cool. All parts are included in the sale except the piece that broke off at the back of the stock and was lost. Transfer will be done at State Street Pawn in Salem and the background and transfer fees are the buyers expense. Price is firm.

1C262BF6-D5DF-4217-9FC0-627E8F0C0E3B.jpeg D6250E63-A58A-4D2B-AA16-513B7D04F84A.jpeg A1ECE41D-47C3-499F-A6E1-B32D542874A6.jpeg 979EA5AA-2CE6-42FB-AA5D-BF7C12DAE9E0.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Not a difficult fix, for someone who is handy with wood working. I've made those kind of repairs that have turned out really nice. Good price on a solid vintage shotgun. That would be a fun one to restore with stock work and a reblue.

If I didn't already have a couple of them I'd be all over it.

I am selling my Ithaca 37 Featherlight 12 Gauge. Several years ago the buttstock was cracked. There is also a small piece that broke off by the butt pad. The stock had at the time a temporary repair done (turned out to be a long term repair) and the shot gun was used flawlessly for many years after. Reattaching the small piece that broke off was not completed, but never affected the functionality. Fast forward to today….I decided to remove the wrap around the stock that was the temporary repair with plans to repair by first epoxying the crack and then drilling and inserting wood dowels. The small piece that broke off has some been lost. Completing the repair can be done for less than $20 or a new stock can be purchased for less than $100 or a used one for much less. Work is keeping me to busy and I am not finding the time to finish anytime soon, so offering at a much reduced price for someone who wants to put in a little time and money and come out with a nice shotgun for a lot less than they go for. This gun is sought after for multiple reasons, but one which many really like is the "slam fire" function. If you or not familiar with this look it up as it is really cool. All parts are included in the sale except the piece that broke off at the back of the stock and was lost. Transfer will be done at State Street Pawn in Salem and the background and transfer fees are the buyers expense.

View attachment 1309885 View attachment 1309886 View attachment 1309887 View attachment 1309888
So what would be your very best price on it?
I think I might can fix it but looks like it needs some reblueing as well

I don't know how to send a PM I'm terrible at this. Could you possibly send a PM to me then I could respond
I should ask first….are you an Oregon resident (do you have an Oregon ID or Drivers License)? If not then unfortunately you will not be able to purchase, since that is required in Oregon at this time. I am not able to consider shipping at this time.

I should ask first….are you an Oregon resident (do you have an Oregon ID or Drivers License)? If not then unfortunately you will not be able to purchase, since that is required in Oregon at this time. I am not able to consider shipping at this time.
Lol no I'm on Washington state but I'm a truck driver and go to Oregon every day

No problem. I am pretty sure current law in Oregon does not allow for out of state residents to buy long guns in the state. I will double check and let you know tomorrow.
Ok double check but definitely not true. I go to Oregon gun shows and buy all the time from the show and individuals.
No biggy I think I'll pass. An older gun like that doesn't really need or require all the government BS to buy or sell it and I don't think you would just let me give you cash for the gun.
So given all that I will pass.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.