JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If they only had a few, I probably wouldnt say anything because I'm probably going to go back and buy a few more soon. But they have a pile of them, so I figured I'd share!

I looked for these for like 6 or 8 months locally, and found the only place to get them was online for way too much money.

Army Surplus Store called Sgt. Gators in Boring, off of 282nd Ave.. Italian Wool Blankets WWII era in EXCELLENT as new condition--$19.99 each. They have a huge bin full of them!

Cheaper than Dirt also sells these. They are excellent blankets & a great price.

ZWN-325.jpg

Now, I am pretty certain the dimensions are correct here. The one I bought the other day looks exactly like the one in this pic, which I pulled off a different website along with the dimensions. It is a large blanket, the size sounds spot on to me.

<broken link removed>

I was surprised at the quality of them. Not only are the ones the Surplus Store has in awesome condition, but the overall quality of the wool and the blanket in general is very high. I have three or four yellow British military wool/polypropeline blankets, and they are garbage in comparison. The only issue is just the smell of stored surplus blankets, but its fixed easily by hanging in the sun for a few hours with a little Fabreeze.

Yeah - the quality of these is outstanding for the price. Maybe a bit coarser than a typical GI blanket, but hasn't been a big deal for me. Everyone should have at least one for their car/boat/survival-cache/whatever.

Mine did come with a bunch of mothball-flakes on it. It's my understanding that you can simply hang these up outside & the flakes will evaporate. I tried washing mine out - dumb mistake on my part.

THEY SOUND ITCHY you know the whole wool itchy sweater thing

They're really not that bad & I don't like wool that much. They do preform well & last a long time. They're a cheap insurance policy on staying warm.

MAN! How come the best deals have to be so far out?

You can buy them from Cheaper than Dirt for about the same price as you'd pay at the local store (plus shipping - which may be cheaper than driving a long way given gas prices).

THEY SOUND ITCHY you know the whole wool itchy sweater thing

As a kilt wearing Scotsman I can tell you that good wool is never itchy. Sure you smell like a dog when you get wet, but I doubt I could trust any other garment to keep my jubblies warm in the middle of winter with naught under it but a pair of socks.

And there is your daily TMI moment!

If they only had a few, I probably wouldnt say anything because I'm probably going to go back and buy a few more soon. But they have a pile of them, so I figured I'd share!

I looked for these for like 6 or 8 months locally, and found the only place to get them was online for way too much money.

Army Surplus Store called Sgt. Gators in Boring, off of 282nd Ave.. Italian Wool Blankets WWII era in EXCELLENT as new condition--$19.99 each. They have a huge bin full of them!

I was planning on getting some more of these but they sold out before i could get out there again---------now i know why. You went and told everyone in the state. LOL (JK) I was extremly bummed when i went back and they were gone. These were in excellent condition. Price was great too. Hopefully they'll get more in sometime soon. You will not find a better blanket for the price. Heavy smell of mothballs, but 2 washings and let it hang for a week or 2 will get rid of that smell for the most part. If you want it to smell nice, before you fold up and put away take some dryer sheets and place in between folds. Blanket will absorb sweet smell, and this will also keep insects from trying to get at them as bugs dont like "BOUNCE" dryer sheets. Why,? i have no idea, i just know it works. Try it. I also use "BOUNCE" dryer sheets in my tent trailer to keep out pests and make the trailer smell dryer fresh. :s0155:

I was planning on getting some more of these but they sold out before i could get out there again---------now i know why. You went and told everyone in the state. LOL (JK) I was extremly bummed when i went back and they were gone. These were in excellent condition. Price was great too. Hopefully they'll get more in sometime soon. You will not find a better blanket for the price. Heavy smell of mothballs, but 2 washings and let it hang for a week or 2 will get rid of that smell for the most part. If you want it to smell nice, before you fold up and put away take some dryer sheets and place in between folds. Blanket will absorb sweet smell, and this will also keep insects from trying to get at them as bugs dont like "BOUNCE" dryer sheets. Why,? i have no idea, i just know it works. Try it. I also use "BOUNCE" dryer sheets in my tent trailer to keep out pests and make the trailer smell dryer fresh. :s0155:

Wow, someone must have snatched them up. I looked at them close on Saturday, but already have a few that I have picked up in my travels.

Those are really nice blankets but I gave up on wool several years ago. Back in the day we used to buy surplus GI wool pants for hunting and they were warm.

Then I got to riding motorcycles and quickly learned how a cold 70 mph wind can cut through wool, and how it isn't waterproof.

Now I'm all about synthetics which are warm, waterproof and lighter weight. They also dry fast because the water is just on the surface.

I start looking at ski and snowmobile outfitters for my gloves, coats, insulated over-pants, face masks etc. They are so much warmer and waterproof than leather or wool.

If I were dressed for riding in the cold, I could cut and toss some conifer boughs on the ground for insulation and just lay down and sleep in a very lightweight one-man tent.

We've come a long way, baby!

$.02

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews