JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last Edited:
The description says factory replacement Beretta magazine and it has the notch:

Beretta Mag Beretta 92 M9 90-Two Cx4 Storm (with 92/96 Series Mag

When selecting the capacity on the drop down menu take note that not all those magazines have the notch, only the 10 and 15 rounders.
OK
Those are the current Beretta mags, not the original 92S mags.
They will work fine in the 92S but they have the thick polymer base.
I would say to always check the official Beretta Store when shopping Beretta parts.
Sometimes they have sale prices that are pretty dang good.
I got my last Beretta 92 mags there, OEM (no retail packaging) and on sale.

I like those original, blued 92S mags with the steel base plate.
The fit, function and look is flawless, IMO.

I read a disparaging article about the sights.
Many officers were having issues with drawing their weapons from the holsters. A survey determined that most shot with their eyes closed, so they milled them down. Everyone was happy.
(JK) :D:D:D
Mine aren't milled down, they are just a low profile sight system.
I whitened the front sight.....works.

Now that it's daytime, I could take a better photo to show the real condition of my surplus Beretta:

DSC_4722_01.JPG

I don't have one, nor have a particular interest, but at three C-Notes: oh yah, I can see picking one up. Ditto @DirectDrive, who's selling them?

Yes but it's still an old school all metal military handgun. This is the time when you can pick up a quality historical handgun for cheap. It fits right in with my collection :) I am no Beretta fan either, I believe that the best all metal military handgun ever made is the Browning Hi Power when you look at magazine capacity, size, ergonomics, reliability, quality and it doesn't hurt that it's a damn good looking gun. The only one that comes close is the CZ75...

DSC_4746.JPG

Last Edited:
I bought one from J&G a few years ago for $299. It was in great shape and had the slickity-slick action that you can never get from a plastic framed gun.
I never carried it, but shot it at the range a few times before I sold it. It only got picked for sale because of the mag release... it added in a THIRD type and I didn't want to confuse my muscle memory. It was the odd man out.
Magazines were never hard to find.

The firearms market is saturated with them, if you are looking for a deal on a Beretta 92S, this is the time. I just got mine, I paid $309.00 for one in 95% condition, the only indication of use is some wear on the front and the back strap. Mine came with one extra magazine.

Wilson Combat has all kinds of upgrades for this gun, I ordered a deluxe spring kit and some extra magazines, that's all....

View attachment 418437
Looks like a nice piece..... I was debating about buying the surplus 92s. I have purchased a few surplus pistols in the past, most recent a Beretta 85 F from Classic Firearms.....Had ordered one when they first arrived at Classic ......in like new condition.... I was not happy with taking a chance with the 92s at Christmas time
because I was looking for a like new to excellent one, and I felt most excellent ones were already purchased months ago.....SO , I purchased a new 92fs (Italian ) from Gunprime for $429......I am very pleased with the 92FS

How was the inner workings on your 92s? How does it shoot ?

Looks like a nice piece..... I was debating about buying the surplus 92s. I have purchased a few surplus pistols in the past, most recent a Beretta 85 F from Classic Firearms.....Had ordered one when they first arrived at Classic ......in like new condition.... I was not happy with taking a chance with the 92s at Christmas time
because I was looking for a like new to excellent one, and I felt most excellent ones were already purchased months ago.....SO , I purchased a new 92fs (Italian ) from Gunprime for $429......I am very pleased with the 92FS

That's why I bought mine on gunbroker instead. I wanted to see the actual gun I was buying. The internals of mine appear to be new. There is minimal wear on the original finish indicating that my gun has not been fired much. It shot well without a single malfunction.

I am not an Italian gun fan but my pistol is very high quality throughout. I am a little amazed at how well it fits and functions with the number of moving parts it has. The only issue I have is with the small sights. I am trying to figure out if a later slide with better sights will fit on the gun. These seem to be a difficult fix for a Gunsmith.

I am not an Italian gun fan but my pistol is very high quality throughout. I am a little amazed at how well it fits and functions with the number of moving parts it has. The only issue I have is with the small sights. I am trying to figure out if a later slide with better sights will fit on the gun. These seem to be a difficult fix for a Gunsmith.

I did read, visiting a few online sites ,that the 92s sights were very low and there was not a cheap solution....(without getting a gunsmith involved)......if I find any reasonable solution out there, I will let you know....
I am a newbie to this site.....fgmx

I did read, visiting a few online sites ,that the 92s sights were very low and there was not a cheap solution....(without getting a gunsmith involved)......if I find any reasonable solution out there, I will let you know....
I am a newbie to this site.....fgmx
I am seeing later slides available on eBay with better sights reasonable enough to just buy one. It wouldn't require modifying the original slide and in the long run may be cheaper than smithing a set of new sights. I haven't been able to find a definitive answer but will continue to search. Welcome to the site......

I don't think that the newer model slides are compatible with 92S
Not enough meat to dovetail for a 92S front sight.

I applied some bright silver to my front sight with a silver marking pen.
Works....looks bright white.
You just have to be careful with solvents or it comes off.

At the end of the day, no easy solution for bigger sights on the 92S.

From my studies, I can see no reason they wouldn't be interchangeable, barrels are the same, the only real difference is the magazine release button. I may have to buy one and see if it can be done. I like the pistol a lot but my old eyes relegate 18 rounds to not much more than suppressing fire with the original sights.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top