JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From my studies, I can see no reason they wouldn't be interchangeable, barrels are the same, the only real difference is the magazine release button. I may have to buy one and see if it can be done. I like the pistol a lot but my old eyes relegate 18 rounds to not much more than suppressing fire with the original sights.
Please let us know how it goes, definitely the most cost-effective solution

From my studies, I can see no reason they wouldn't be interchangeable, barrels are the same, the only real difference is the magazine release button. I may have to buy one and see if it can be done. I like the pistol a lot but my old eyes relegate 18 rounds to not much more than suppressing fire with the original sights.
It's not easy to find definitive intel, but it seems like I've seen newer model replacement slides with the caveat, "Will not work on 92S"
I did find this convo on Arfcom :
92S sight imporvement OR slide swap? Will a 92F slide work? - AR15.COM

Definitive answer available on NW Firearms:

Newer 92/M9 slides will work however you will need to remove the firing pin catch if you are going to do this since the 92S does not have a firing pin catch lever.

You are correct, if you remove the firing pin catch, it will leave a hole on the top of the slide. If you have the proper tools, you can modify the firing pin catch so that it doesn't block the firing pin even when it is in the downward position. Once you're done with that, just reinstall the modified firing pin catch to seal up the hole and you're set.

Here is my surplus 92s. It was in excellent shape with the exception of the grips. They were scratched and dinged pretty bad so I decided to paint them using a hammered metal texture spray paint. They came out better than expected and the hammered finish really hid the blemishes well. I also I also added some white inlay to the lettering on the slide. IMG_20180308_185815429.jpg

This is my 92s, I bought it from classic after I watched their promotional unboxing video and saw the excellent condition of the guns. I then paid for the "hand pick" to get the best aesthetic beretta. This bad boy was one of the most exciting guns I've ever received. I was wowed by it's condition and I still marvel at it's beautiful curves. It really makes a man quiver at the knees and want to blow a few loads through it. ;) Hahahaha

Anyway, I threw some Lok grips on it and upgraded the grip screws to make it even prettier.

Definitely one of my favorite handguns!

20180317_114406~2.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR