JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today, ... duh ... 9 August, 2017. It sure is smoky here in SW Oregon, USA. About 42N, 123W. Kinda. The sound of the heavy helicopters flying around with dangling water buckets is now becoming more frequent.

We do NOT miss the cool retro sound of the big shiny DC7 air tanker with the huge four bladed props blasting overhead training a thin veil of four black exhaust plumes. Such a nice sound we really dread hearing.

The foreseeable forecast is for more smoky conditions. Might last weeks. Maybe months. Lots of regional fires burning in our area. Hope this note finds all well and hearty. We live in a very interesting part of the nation.

Been smokey here in the greater Boise area for a couple weeks. I was working outside Friday and had to quit and go inside after a couple hours. Lungs were burning and it was hard to catch my breath. I couldn't see the trees 1.5 miles away.

It was bad here yesterday, was about the worst day I've seen. Headed for the beach, 61 degrees and the smoke almost non-existent. Should have stayed!
My inhalers are getting a workout.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads