JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have 2 LWRC's one DI and 1 piston, hard to tell the difference in weight but the piston runs noticeably alot cleaner. IMO, a reliable piston AR that runs as clean as an AK is worth spending the extra cash on. Yes it costs more, is it worth it I say yes but there are those that will say no. In the end it's good to have choices to fit your needs.

I am new to ARs I have three 2 are Rugers a sr556 and an ar566 the third is a heavy barreled Franken gun but a nice one.. The Rugers both are quite reliable and have no complaints. The sr556 seems a lot heavier than sr556. Both to me are interchangeable in purpose. With the amount I use my ARs I see only bragging rights for owning a piston AR. The ar556 is what I keep close at night.

With the amount I use my ARs I see only bragging rights for owning a piston AR. The ar556 is what I keep close at night.
Shoot 750 rounds thru a Piston/DI and the bragging you will do is how much less time it took you to clean the piston rifle. This is one of the main benefits of a piston driven rifle.

Shoot 750 rounds thru a Piston/DI and the bragging you will do is how much less time it took you to clean the piston rifle. This is one of the main benefits of a piston driven rifle.
Not disagreeing however i am closer to a hundred rounds an outing. I have always been more about accuracy then quantity. Also I dont think I could afford alot of 750 round outings.

Not disagreeing however i am closer to a hundred rounds an outing. I have always been more about accuracy then quantity. Also I dont think I could afford alot of 750 round outings.
I only shoot about 200 rounds per outing, but take a rifle class that you will shoot 1k and then you will be happy you chose the piston AR that day. I am notoriously bad at cleaning my rifles after every outing so the clean running piston setup is appreciated by this guy. My AK'S have spoiled me in this dept.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top