JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember when I was a kid we used to have the cap guns. You'd load em with a roll a exploding caps and go out and shoot each other. I managed to gain a good respect for firearms as I grew up, as a lot of people did. maybe these kids will get lucky and do the same. From the way the father was carrying on, I doubt it though.

I was thinking something similar.

We shot each other with water guns, pointed blow guns (with paper darts - an hey, we were using sun glasses for safety;)) at each other; heck, we even made pvc "guns" that fired bottle rockets. As we got older, paintball became a thing and we shot those at each other.

We knew that the firearm rules applied to firearms and could tell a toy from the real thing. We also didn't need blanket statements and rules to protect the few either thankfully.

I sound 80 but I'm not quite 40 yet...

Agreed. Hell we shot each other with BB guns. However even when we where playing "WAR" we understood firearm safety and that what we where doing was dangerous.

I would have got smacked and my "toy" permanently lost for a fraction of what is shown in that video. I think it's more about common sense and parenting than anything else

I was thinking something similar.

We shot each other with water guns, pointed blow guns (with paper darts - an hey, we were using sun glasses for safety;)) at each other; heck, we even made pvc "guns" that fired bottle rockets. As we got older, paintball became a thing and we shot those at each other.

We knew that the firearm rules applied to firearms and could tell a toy from the real thing. We also didn't need blanket statements and rules to protect the few either thankfully.

I sound 80 but I'm not quite 40 yet...

Oh boy some good memories brought back there. Safety glasses and bottle rockets in our BB guns. Point and light and those suckers came at you fast. We stopped when one wedged in my brothers Nike and blew off part of his ankle.
Then we just stuck to Roman candle fights...Yeah I never claimed we were very bright.

Good times though and never confused a real gun with all the stupidity of airsoft, paintball, and the listed fireworks.....I will leave out the fire cracker wars in case kids read this....Looking at you @Stomper. :D

Of course it's a toy gun. Few people here could rack a Desert Eagle slide as easily as this little girl does. And if that doesn't give it away the plastic mag certainly should.

Again, echoing both my first response and those of several others after me...many, many people grew up pointing and shooting realistic toy guns, BBs, bottle rockets and small spears at each other and never killed anyone later in life. The father's lack of common sense (at posting this video if nothing else...he seems to relish the fact that his son is getting so upset), probable political leanings and possible financial position aside, based on this video alone I see no reason to be so apoplectic over a couple of kids playing with a toy gun.

Keith

Of course it's a toy gun. Few people here could rack a Desert Eagle slide as easily as this little girl does. And if that doesn't give it away the plastic mag certainly should.

Again, echoing both my first response and those of several others after me...many, many people grew up pointing and shooting realistic toy guns, BBs, bottle rockets and small spears at each other and never killed anyone later in life. The father's lack of common sense (at posting this video if nothing else...he seems to relish the fact that his son is getting so upset), probable political leanings and possible financial position aside, based on this video alone I see no reason to be so apoplectic over a couple of kids playing with a toy gun.

Keith

Don't forget Jarts (lawn darts), those basturds hurt!

Disgusting, the lack of respect for firearms some people have. Yeah sure it was different in "Our Day"! This isn't our day anymore, things have changed, and I guaran-damn-tee those little kids aren't being taught anything other than guns are "Toys"!

Might have been easier for the girl to learn if they made a toy Kel-tek PF-9?

Oh boy some good memories brought back there. Safety glasses and bottle rockets in our BB guns. Point and light and those suckers came at you fast. We stopped when one wedged in my brothers Nike and blew off part of his ankle.
Then we just stuck to Roman candle fights...Yeah I never claimed we were very bright.

Good times though and never confused a real gun with all the stupidity of airsoft, paintball, and the listed fireworks.....I will leave out the fire cracker wars in case kids read this....Looking at you @Stomper. :D

o_O

I didn't grow up with any respect for firearms either.. parents had no guns, "gun safety" was not having any to begin with, so toys were treated exactly like toys.

I'd guess this family has no real guns, and therefor no respect for the shape and function... it's just a toy.

Chill the bubblegum out, people. bubblegum.

Looked real to me. But then my toy gun was a Hopalong Cassidy cap gun.
HopalongCassidy09.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads