JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It Looks Like the Czech Republic Might Get a Second Amendment
" Well, sort of.

Following the Velvet Revolution, the newly formed Czech Republic passed a law legalizing the purchase of a firearm for citizens without criminal records. Although the former Czechoslovakia had a rich history of firearm production, under fascism and Communism personal ownership was largely forbidden. "

"

"...conservatives have been attempting to add the right to bear arms as one of the "fundamental human rights and freedoms." It now looks like it may happen.

A few years ago, the amendment passed through the lower house of the Czech parliament but was stopped in the upper house. The proposed language read as so: "The right to defend one's own life or the life of another person with a weapon is guaranteed under the conditions laid down by law."

AKA Czechia

Last Edited:
Czech's can already own firearms if they are not a criminal.
Gun stores in prauge sell open bolt semi's , Yes even converted MG's to semi with original receiver's.
Some pretty cool stuff for sale over there !!

IMG_0817.JPG IMG_0816.JPG IMG_0814.JPG

"The right to defend one's own life or the life of another person with a weapon is guaranteed under the conditions laid down by law."

Revised Czech statute 43.369.R92

You may defend your life or that of another with a weapon IF you're wearing grey underwear AND one blue sock, AND if you are the third son of a gypsy snow salesman, AND said defensive action ONLY takes place on the 2nd Sunday of the month between 1pm and 3pm, WITH the proper endorsement stamp that has been validated for a MINIMUM of 64 days effective on the odd numbered day following said validation.

Smell the FREEDOM!! :rolleyes:

;):D

Last Edited:
When I was in Prague a couple of years ago, the firearms laws seemed pretty lenient compared to a lot of places. ( coughkommieforniacough)
They did want you to get a note from your doctor showing you weren't mental or otherwise incompetent, but it didn't seem too odious to carry. Hope they get their right to bear arms set in stone better than we have!

you could even get a permit there to concealed carry as a foreigner. Wasn't worth it for me, as I was only staying a week, but if you had long term business, it's doable.

Who would have thought that in this time (year) that people would be voting themselves these rights?

Poland is another country that may go forward.

The downside is that if you can vote in the right, someone can vote out that right. That is, if it is changeable it is not a right - it is a privilege.

refer to this which I shared elsewhere
" Unlike other rights concepts, such as human rights or natural rights, in which people acquire rights inherently, perhaps from God or nature, civil rights must be given and guaranteed by the power of the state. "

Who would have thought that in this time (year) that people would be voting themselves these rights?

Poland is another country that may go forward.

The downside is that if you can vote in the right, someone can vote out that right. That is, if it is changeable it is not a right - it is a privilege.

refer to this which I shared elsewhere
" Unlike other rights concepts, such as human rights or natural rights, in which people acquire rights inherently, perhaps from God or nature, civil rights must be given and guaranteed by the power of the state. "

This is why I always take exception when someone says "Constitutional Rights", or when they say that those rights only apply to US citizens, or something to that effect. Natural Rights are, as you note, inherent to our nature - everybody has them. The problem is that few governments recognize them as such, and even fewer have them built into the organizational structure as we do. Even the US has serious problems understanding the principle of Natural Rights, and more so the difference between positive and negative rights.

Just don't follow America's lead......with, Cough, cough........

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say it's reasonable.

Aloha, Mark

Its interesting to watch East Block countries build their new nations. They have a clear understanding (Experience) with both Fascism and Communism. They understand the need for the people to have 'Real Political Power'.

Its interesting to watch East Block countries build their new nations. They have a clear understanding (Experience) with both Fascism and Communism. They understand the need for the people to have 'Real Political Power'.

I got the sense, talking to local people in the Czech Republic, that their memories of communism were clear and recent, and not positive. Seemed like people there had little patience with those who would seek to control individual autonomy. Their history with the Catholic Church has been interesting, as well, and is worth some reading, if you're not familiar with that bit of history.

I got the sense, talking to local people in the Czech Republic, that their memories of communism were clear and recent, and not positive. Seemed like people there had little patience with those who would seek to control individual autonomy.

^^^I get the same sense from the majority of Eastern Europeans I have met.

Good for the Czechs, among European countries only Switzerland has a greater percentage of sport shooters.

Consider the Czech's history.of getting screwed by European powers. Sold off to Nazi Germany by France and England, ceded to the Soviets after WWII. Ignored and left hanging during the Prague spring. I think they finally realize th hat, like the Swiss and The U S. An armed populace is a great deterrent to foreign invaders. And I, for one wish them all the best in their endeavors.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top