Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

It Lives! At least I think it does AR lube and break in tips

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Brutus57, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

I finally got my basic AR build done. It is a 14.5 BCM middie with a 1/7 twist MPI mated with a an Aero Precision lower. Palmetto State LPK with an MPI M 16 BCG. ALG Combat trigger and so far Magpul MOE pistol grip in OD with matching MOE hand guard. Right now std mil spec carbine stock until funds afford CTR stock. UTG rear iron until I can upgrade. BRavo Company Gunfighter Charging Handle. After new stock comes optic which I think I have narrowed to an Aimpoint 2moa red dot or a Meprolight M21. So, recommendations for 1st range trip re: lube and break in.

I built it with a minimum lube to keep from launching springs, etc. launched a few but only lost 1 detent. Action works and trigger seems good. ready to see how we'll we shoot soon. So the world's longest AR build took 7 months!

Brutus Out:cool:

2. Brutus57

Here's a photo of the green & Black meanie as it was finished today. I finished it at my buddy's house so that's his not too clean carpet. He 's a confirmed bachelor at 33 .

Brutus out.

image.jpg

3. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Congrats... good specs, it should be a great shooter. As to breaking it in- don't even think about it. Just make sure you stripped off any cosmoline/preservative real good, lube the bubblegum out of it, and blast away.

4. Brutus57

Thanks guys. That's great advice. I am looking forward to putting some mags through it.

Brutus out.

5. bmo

bmo WA New Member

Looking good. I finished an AR build a few months back with a BCM 14.5 middy bbl as well. Have to say, it only likes 556 not 223. 556 shoots very soft with an H buffer however. Enjoy yours and hopefully you don't have the 223 problem like me.

6. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Oh, Man! You built it upside down!

Looks good. Should be lots O fun.

7. Brutus57

Yeah, you should see what Facebook does to my photos. I shoot them right side up like the AR and then FB puts them 90degrees off. I would like to go shooting near Hamilton but have never been to the range there. Any Arlington or north shooters want to go burn some ammo Monday, my day off?

Brutus out