JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We are fueling violence in Mexico but it's not because of guns it's American's addiction to drugs. So, instead of people dealing with the real problem they look for an easy straw-man argument.

-d

Mexico gets worse as we get closer to legalizing drugs. Pot in particular is something that the cartel population thrives on. as more and more is grown in places like oregon (generally of higher quality) the demand directed towards the cartels is lessened thus causing wars over the remaining demand for their product. As weed becomes more legal you will see more violence until it hits a breaking point and there is simply no need for such organizations. Prohibition fueled gang activity in the days of old, so it makes sense that pot can do the same thing. Although you need to keep in mind that as opposed to alcohol there is no negative result from pot as far as health is concerned.

The 'War on Drugs' (not to mention the rampant corruption) is fueling the violence in Mexico...and in the US.

Yeah, if we just legalized it there wouldn't be so much violence. Also, if we stop getting all out of sorts about muslims cutting heads off and accept that too then we would have all those stupid wars. Also, why make such a big deal about burglary? You know, if we would just legalize theft we wouldn't need all those police, and what's all the fuss about murder? Our courts are plugged with all those silly murder cases. Probably if we didn't enforce those stupid laws against murder everything would be better. This kind of thinking opens up all kinds of new ways to look at society.

:nuts:

Yeah, if we just legalized it there wouldn't be so much violence. Also, if we stop getting all out of sorts about muslims cutting heads off and accept that too then we would have all those stupid wars. Also, why make such a big deal about burglary? You know, if we would just legalize theft we wouldn't need all those police, and what's all the fuss about murder? Our courts are plugged with all those silly murder cases. Probably if we didn't enforce those stupid laws against murder everything would be better. This kind of thinking opens up all kinds of new ways to look at society.

Yes, we know, you hate drugs, you've made this clear before. You're still wrong. It is non of the government's business what anyone puts in their body, period. Prohibition worked so well too :rolleyes:

The 18th Constitutional amendment prohibiting liquor, later repealed by the 21st amendment, was the only constitutional law to criminalize any drug. Nowhere else in the Constitution does it prohibit or endorse any substances that can be consumed or otherwise enter a person's body. By not wholeheartedly supporting all of the constitution you open the door for those groups who would try to push their myopic view of our Union on everyone. There are those who would interpret "secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity" to mean that they have the right to smoke, drink, inject, etc. whatever they like and do whatever they like with their own bodies. I don't propose the absurd idea that taking or using drugs for anything other than medicinal purposes is a good thing to do, just that people have the God given gift of free will to choose how to exercise their God given Rights.

In the interest of full disclosure- I smoked pot in my youth, quit smoking cigarettes a number of years ago, occasionally enjoy a beer (I'm still nursing the six pack I bought 2 months ago) and am currently addicted to caffeine. Were any more drugs legalized I would not use them.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it expressly say that you can have a gun, it says "Arms", as in armaments or weapons. :s0001:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top