Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

it keeps getting dumber... more attempts at gun control.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by gehrheart, Nov 15, 2010.

1. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

3. Decker

Decker My house Active Member

We are fueling violence in Mexico but it's not because of guns it's American's addiction to drugs. So, instead of people dealing with the real problem they look for an easy straw-man argument.

-d

4. HahnsXD

HahnsXD Battle Ground WA Active Member

Ding ding ding :thumbup:

5. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

There, fixed it for ya.

6. absoluterik07

absoluterik07 Salem, OR Member

Haha the post title says "dummer" instead of "dumber"!

7. gehrheart

Yea, no coffee before I posted.
    one should never post before coffee,
    or after drinking...

Guess I could fix it, but I won't.:D

8. Artilleryman

Artilleryman Originally from the central midwest but have reloc Active Member

yup, now that elections are over for the moment the antis will be coming out've the woodwork...

9. absoluterik07

Yea it's better this way. It adds character and emphasis!

10. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I think its for those smrt jeniuses proposing more gun control.:laugh::bluelaugh:

11. 56kninja

56kninja Portland Member

Did anyone else think this was a creative title referencing an anti gun politician with the last name of Dummer?

I am disappointed.

12. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

How about Dumass? That sounds like a good name for a gungrabbing senator. It also reminds me of an A&W commercial: YouTube - Mr. Dumbass

13. absoluterik07

God I love that commercial! Thanks for letting me relive it's greatness by posting the link!

14. gehrheart

Sorry to disappoint, maybe my mind was sharper then i was.....

Yea, that was it.:thumbup:

15. gehrheart

Nice! :laugh:

16. Tyleracc

Tyleracc McMinnville, Or New Member

Mexico gets worse as we get closer to legalizing drugs. Pot in particular is something that the cartel population thrives on. as more and more is grown in places like oregon (generally of higher quality) the demand directed towards the cartels is lessened thus causing wars over the remaining demand for their product. As weed becomes more legal you will see more violence until it hits a breaking point and there is simply no need for such organizations. Prohibition fueled gang activity in the days of old, so it makes sense that pot can do the same thing. Although you need to keep in mind that as opposed to alcohol there is no negative result from pot as far as health is concerned.

17. Partsproduction

Partsproduction Tillamook Oregon Active Member

Yeah, if we just legalized it there wouldn't be so much violence. Also, if we stop getting all out of sorts about muslims cutting heads off and accept that too then we would have all those stupid wars. Also, why make such a big deal about burglary? You know, if we would just legalize theft we wouldn't need all those police, and what's all the fuss about murder? Our courts are plugged with all those silly murder cases. Probably if we didn't enforce those stupid laws against murder everything would be better. This kind of thinking opens up all kinds of new ways to look at society.

:nuts:

18. HahnsXD

HahnsXD Battle Ground WA Active Member

Yes, we know, you hate drugs, you've made this clear before. You're still wrong. It is non of the government's business what anyone puts in their body, period. Prohibition worked so well too :rolleyes:

19. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

The 18th Constitutional amendment prohibiting liquor, later repealed by the 21st amendment, was the only constitutional law to criminalize any drug. Nowhere else in the Constitution does it prohibit or endorse any substances that can be consumed or otherwise enter a person's body. By not wholeheartedly supporting all of the constitution you open the door for those groups who would try to push their myopic view of our Union on everyone. There are those who would interpret "secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity" to mean that they have the right to smoke, drink, inject, etc. whatever they like and do whatever they like with their own bodies. I don't propose the absurd idea that taking or using drugs for anything other than medicinal purposes is a good thing to do, just that people have the God given gift of free will to choose how to exercise their God given Rights.

In the interest of full disclosure- I smoked pot in my youth, quit smoking cigarettes a number of years ago, occasionally enjoy a beer (I'm still nursing the six pack I bought 2 months ago) and am currently addicted to caffeine. Were any more drugs legalized I would not use them.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it expressly say that you can have a gun, it says "Arms", as in armaments or weapons. :wow:

20. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Wanna buy a bridge? I'll make ya a helluva deal!