JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm new to this forum/community so if I ruffle some of you folks, I am NOT sorry...

Here is the deal... Let me explain something EXTREMELY basic. If someone is willing to pay $X for an object, then that object is clearly worth $X. If the object isn't a requirement to live or get by and you are willing to pay $X, you ARE NOT being gouged.

If a company wanted to sell a gun or ammo or mag for $X and nobody was lining up to buy them at $X, then any economist or business person would tell you that clearly $X is to high and it is time to reduce the price. I don't know about you, but it sure seems like people are lining up right now by the dozen to buy virtually anything gun related....

THIS IS NOT GOUGING.

Most of you claim you want a free world here in the US and want liberty. Part of that would seem to be capitalism, but perhaps the "gouger" whiners don't really believe in free markets.

So for the love of common sense, please stop referring to gun, ammo, and accessory prices as gouging. If it is gasoline, we can chat.

That is all.

I dont get it either!

Lol only thing I get is Im too broke to buy what I want! Its ppls right to get the most they can out of an item. Only those that cant afford it (like me lol) whine and complain that everyone else is too greedy and "opportunistic" If you dont like that we live in a free market MOVE somewhere else your obviously not supportive of our American values upon which this country was built. So how American are you?

You gotta pay to play sucka and if your willing to pay INFLATED prices go for it I for one am not.

OP- YES it is GOUGING and INFLATION whatever If you dont think so what dictionary are you reading?

Exactly right.
You should have bought everything you needed as soon as obummer took office 4 years ago

What I do not like is that the people we kept in business all these years are trying to sell stuff to long time customers for inflated prices.
A buddy went to Puyallup Saturday and asked a guy he had dealt with numerous times,how many G21 mags he got for the $150 sticker.

"1, I'm the only one who has them"

Now he and his buddy had purchased and traded with this guy many times before.So my friend went elsewhere to buy them............. for $50 at the show
At least that's only $15 high

I'm new to this forum/community so if I ruffle some of you folks, I am NOT sorry...

Here is the deal... Let me explain something EXTREMELY basic. If someone is willing to pay $X for an object, then that object is clearly worth $X. If the object isn't a requirement to live or get by and you are willing to pay $X, you ARE NOT being gouged.

If a company wanted to sell a gun or ammo or mag for $X and nobody was lining up to buy them at $X, then any economist or business person would tell you that clearly $X is to high and it is time to reduce the price. I don't know about you, but it sure seems like people are lining up right now by the dozen to buy virtually anything gun related....

THIS IS NOT GOUGING.

Most of you claim you want a free world here in the US and want liberty. Part of that would seem to be capitalism, but perhaps the "gouger" whiners don't really believe in free markets.

So for the love of common sense, please stop referring to gun, ammo, and accessory prices as gouging. If it is gasoline, we can chat.

That is all.

If the manufacturer isn't raising the price and the retailer or individual is - THEN IT IS GOUGING! Thanks for the rant junior.

If the manufacturer isn't raising the price and the retailer or individual is - THEN IT IS GOUGING! Thanks for the rant junior.

Wrong. It is IMPOSSIBLE to "gouge" on items that are not needed for life. It is NOT "gouging" when a person has a CHOICE not to buy.

Do you know why if I pay $2500 for a base model AR-15 right now I am NOT getting gouged? It is because I would have to WILLING make the CHOICE to buy that gun.

A little searching will go a long way, http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=what+is+price+gouging&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

There are LOTS of names for what is going on now. Gouging is NOT one of them.

Wrong. It is IMPOSSIBLE to "gouge" on items that are not needed for life. It is NOT "gouging" when a person has a CHOICE not to buy.

Do you know why if I pay $2500 for a base model AR-15 right now I am NOT getting gouged? It is because I would have to WILLING make the CHOICE to buy that gun.

No, it's still getting gouged. I made the choice not to be gouged so it never happens - with guns anyway. can't help the gas thing, and that is still gouging.

A little searching will go a long way, what is price gouging - Google Search

There are LOTS of names for what is going on now. Gouging is NOT one of them.
Amen to that.

Driving is not even a "right"

However we do have a "right" to bear arms but thats a whole other can of worms as to why we are in this mess in the first place. Why are so many ppl worried we are losing these rights and why it is even up for question just goes to show how many push over sheeple live in this country that will FIRMLY believe ANYthing the liberal media and trolls want them too.

No, it's still getting gouged. I made the choice not to be gouged so it never happens - with guns anyway. can't help the gas thing, and that is still gouging.
I can see that your opinion will never change. Ours won't either so probably best to just let it go. You might take a course on Economics sometime though. You will then find out what officially is considered gouging in the business world.

accessbob (B.A. Economics - Seattle Pacific University)

As stated in post #2.........

There are many here that already get it.

There are many here that do not and NEVER will..........

sounds like you've been getting it in the rear end. I paid $12.50 a mag for 10 AR mags last week with a free AK mag on top. I can honestly say to anybody that is paying $100 each that they are getting gouged.

I've talked quite a bit on this topic over the last few weeks since everyone got all hopped up on goofballs and then bought everything gun related they could lay their hands on... I'm a dealer, a manufacturer, and an industry rep. I know some of the people i rep for have intentionally increased prices in an attempt to scare people off so they can catch up on back-orders. It has cut down on calls, but for them it's worth stopping what they are doing and picking up the phone when the customer is paying 2-3x what he would normally, and my buddy tells them that: "Give me 10-12 weeks and prices will be normal again", and the customers reply "well, just give me 10,000 now..."

The thing I really don't get is all the big money is going for crap commodity ammo... .223 FMJ, if you're going to be paying nearly $1/round why not buy the higher price varmint, softpoint, ballistic tip or match ammo (which oddly seems to be going for less). Hell, I picked up 2 boxes of federal gold match .308 for $18 each the other day, but people were paying $22 for american eagle FMJ or south african surplus.

sounds like you've been getting it in the rear end. I paid $12.50 a mag for 10 AR mags last week with a free AK mag on top. I can honestly say to anybody that is paying $100 each that they are getting gouged.

How have I been "getting it in the rear"? You have no idea what I might have bought. Maybe I am selling?

I can honestly say that you still dont know what the word "gouge" means but I am seeing that will not change.

LOL... So if the manufacturer decides to increase the costs to their retail chains by 100%, then that isn't gouging? So if Shell decided to simply charge all downstream gas stations an extra $1.00 for gasoline, that wouldn't be gouging?

So long as there are more people lining up to buy something that there is something to be bought, this is the expected result. Further, downstream retailers and sellers have other costs to consider that would cause prices to rise. How about the cost of health care going up by over 25% for many businesses this year? Is it GOUGING for them to raise costs to cover that?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top