JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When you have people buying at low prices and stocking up with intent to make a extremely high profit then i would consider that gouging. When your playing on people's fears/ ignorance
To sell a $12.50 pmags for $100 your gouging.
Or a $750 AR for $3000. It's gouging.

Some of these ads even say "I don't want to sell this but if I can get (such amount) then why wouldn't I" knowing it's a gouged amount

But like a lot of you say, don't buy at those prices and they will go down.

When you have people buying at low prices and stocking up with intent to make a extremely high profit then i would consider that gouging. When your playing on people's fears/ ignorance
To sell a $12.50 pmags for $100 your gouging.
Or a $750 AR for $3000. It's gouging.

Some of these ads even say "I don't want to sell this but if I can get (such amount) then why wouldn't I" knowing it's a gouged amount

But like a lot of you say, don't buy at those prices and they will go down.

Exactly right.
You should have bought everything you needed as soon as obummer took office 4 years ago

What I do not like is that the people we kept in business all these years are trying to sell stuff to long time customers for inflated prices.
A buddy went to Puyallup Saturday and asked a guy he had dealt with numerous times,how many G21 mags he got for the $150 sticker.

"1, I'm the only one who has them"

Now he and his buddy had purchased and traded with this guy many times before.So my friend went elsewhere to buy them............. for $50 at the show
At least that's only $15 high

Did you just hold the government responsible for the high prices you set on goods you bought for a third or less of your asking price? And does that mean non of you are every going to ask someone to knock a few dollars off something you want to buy every again? Putting your prices up has a knock on effect. Private parties buy bulk and cheap and then sell high when there is nothing left on the shelf.

Dealers see this and put their prices in line with these prices when they re-stock, because hey why should they lose out right! Leaving not not much of a choice for anyone except to either buy high or do without. You lot will all be going on my ignore list, and in the event you ask me to knock $50 off anything I'm selling in the future, I will remind of how you think it's okay to make a few dollars off the backs of your fellow shooters/American's/Veterans, as I'm sure you will have all forgotten.

What ever happened to leading by example and taking care of your own. Instead you take a crap on the guy next to you at the first opportunity you get. For doing that, you don't have the right to complain about anything. Including Obummer.

I'm new to this forum/community so if I ruffle some of you folks, I am NOT sorry...

Here is the deal... Let me explain something EXTREMELY basic. If someone is willing to pay $X for an object, then that object is clearly worth $X. If the object isn't a requirement to live or get by and you are willing to pay $X, you ARE NOT being gouged.

If a company wanted to sell a gun or ammo or mag for $X and nobody was lining up to buy them at $X, then any economist or business person would tell you that clearly $X is to high and it is time to reduce the price. I don't know about you, but it sure seems like people are lining up right now by the dozen to buy virtually anything gun related....

THIS IS NOT GOUGING.

Most of you claim you want a free world here in the US and want liberty. Part of that would seem to be capitalism, but perhaps the "gouger" whiners don't really believe in free markets.

So for the love of common sense, please stop referring to gun, ammo, and accessory prices as gouging. If it is gasoline, we can chat.

That is all.

If you think its okay to whine about gas prices but not the price of your personal ammo that you're selling, then that makes you a hypocrite, that you have something of a double standard, and not someone I'd ever be wanting to do business with. Thanks for the insight into your character.

Since so many of you are opposed to charging market prices...

I'd love to buy 2,000 rounds of 223 from you for $60. This works out to about $.03 (exactly) per round which is what I think is the cost that big time manufacturers have into it. So those of you not wanting to gouge, I'd kindly take that extra ammo from you.
Clearly we are NOT talking about the manufacturing cost because there would be a boat load of things I'd add to that thread. We're talking about pre crisis prices and what the shadier and newer members are doing. It's more a matter of character. Honestly if I was in the market to sell my Firearms, mags or ammo I'd sell for what it cost, if used then perhaps for a slightly discounted used price.

Like I mentioned this isn't about us wanting things on the cheap,.it's what's about what the market prices were. I'd happily sell one of my ARs or AKs at cost to prove my point however I'd rather keep them for now because my children ARE getting my rifles and there isn't a thing our gov can do about that.

But, perhaps I can help you out big boy: Walmart had wolf .223 for about $4.97 a box, a far.cry from .03 per round but heck its the cheapest around.

I have read all the posts and truly feel that greed is the true culprit here. I for one have sold plenty of guns and gun related items here, and never did I suspect that I would see my fellow gun enthusiasts place greed over fellowship with each other. I will take note of these members and choose not to conduct business with them. I have met many folks on this site in person and am reminded that we have a very diverse community indeed. It will be apparent to all who have a truly vested interest here after the panic subsides who stays to contribute, and who vanishes. In closing I am thankful to the folks who created this forum and to those who take the time to keep it going. It's the best Internet forum to socialize with like minded folks in my region who are gun enthusiasts just like me.

I got this e-mail from CDNN while NWFA was down for maintenance. This just comes to show that there is a new equilibrium in the supply and demand market of the gun world.
pricegouging.jpg
pricegouging2.jpg

pricegouging.jpg

pricegouging2.jpg

It's as simple as supply and demand. If you (the consumer) are willing to Buy or speculate and hold off on purchasing guns/ammo you may or may not make the correct decision. It is most certainly and I mean this with conviction not price gouging if you have a product (ar-15 in this case) to sell and in order to replace the (ar-15) at current market value it costs the same amount of money. If your in the gun world and you know with 100% certainty that no laws will pass and this storm will blow over than my suggestion is to get into trading futures, I can guarantee you that a top 100 firm will swoop you up and pay you enough Money annually so gun prices will never have an impact on your pocket book.

the whole thing is.......boats, planes, trks, cars, and guns......are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them, and if that someone is willing to pay big bucks for it, then that is what it is worth to him !
the only time GOUGING comes into the conversation, is what he or she is telling their spouse !!
END GAME !!

steven

Items are worth what someone is willing to sell for and what someone is willing to pay. Nothing more. If the seller is willing to sell and you are happy to buy at that price then that's all there is to it.

So if an AWB is passed, you really think that supply is all of a sudden going to outpace demand for things that you won't be able to buy? You really thing manufacturers will invest into more output for something that may be banned?

No, I think the same people that payed way too much to start with are going to be in the opposite situation when they need money or no longer want the items.

As far as manufacturing output, there is no ban. Nor is it certain there is going to be a ban. In the first AWB, manufacturers ran full bore right up until the ban went into effect.

If you think its okay to whine about gas prices but not the price of your personal ammo that you're selling, then that makes you a hypocrite, that you have something of a double standard, and not someone I'd ever be wanting to do business with. Thanks for the insight into your character.

I tend not to do business with people who don't understand business nor economics. These people are generally involved in no-win situations.

Comparing gas to ammo is extremely ridiculous. If you don't like the ammo prices, you build your own. Good luck making your own gas. Or good luck buying gas from outside of the monopoly out there. At least with ammo you have lots of choices... Shoot or not shoot. Buy from X or buy from Y. Stock up or don't. Build vs. buy... With gasoline, you tend to have much fewer choices.. Clearly not the same.

The only one of us to show any character here is you my friend.

No, I think the same people that payed way too much to start with are going to be in the opposite situation when they need money or no longer want the items.

As far as manufacturing output, there is no ban. Nor is it certain there is going to be a ban. In the first AWB, manufacturers ran full bore right up until the ban went into effect.

I completely disagree with you. When the AWB is passed, the people who spent their "left nut" and potentially half of their "right nut" for that AR will likely be happy they did considering they will not be able to buy it again for an unknown period of time. These people are buying out of fear in part and when those fears are made into a reality, they won't regret it.

One thing is certain everyone has a right to their opinion…Let’s not forget we all need to support each other in these frustrating times.
If we want to squabble over terminology then how can we unite over our current problem, don’t attack each others character, we all bring something to the table.
I respect the OP’s opinion, I respect posters rebuttals, don’t make it personal…..the “man” wants us to eat each other.

I tend not to do business with people who don't understand business nor economics. These people are generally involved in no-win situations.

Comparing gas to ammo is extremely ridiculous. If you don't like the ammo prices, you build your own. Good luck making your own gas. Or good luck buying gas from outside of the monopoly out there. At least with ammo you have lots of choices... Shoot or not shoot. Buy from X or buy from Y. Stock up or don't. Build vs. buy... With gasoline, you tend to have much fewer choices.. Clearly not the same.

The only one of us to show any character here is you my friend.

Actually making wood alky is quite easy, especially if you have your own timber

I was at discount guns in kirkland a week and a half ago. They took all the prices down and you had to ask how much everything was.
Box of 50 .45? $50
Box of 50 .380? $45
Drove 7 minutes to Low price in bellevue $23.99 for .45 and $15.99 for .380
Worth the drive.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show