JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I never shoot anything over 100 yards with iron sight. Today I took my new M1A Scout Squad that I bought from one of this board member netsecsys (Todd) went to the local range. I never able to hit the target with my ex ar15 or my ak47 around 100 yards unless I decide to throw in 30 rounds mag and spraying bullets. I do get lucky once awhile hit the target, but not all the time.
This time I hit the target every single round with my new M1A. My buddy and a range manager told me to shoot 300 yards, they said I was doing pretty darn good at 100 yards. I didn't think I was going to hit the target because I am not a really good shooter. Well the picture bellow will show you how I did at 300 yards iron sight :confused: I am now wondering about myself... it's me or the riffle? :huh:

If it wasn't raining I would walk down and set up more target and shoot more. I am just too happy so I snap a few pictures of my result and post here.
Sorry picture from the iphone :)

It's the gun, not you. That model has an auto-pilot feature designed to help poor shooters. Your's must be stuck in the "on" position". Disengage the auto-pilot (very small and hard to see switch on bottom of stock near trigger guard) and you will go back to not being able to hit anything at 100 yards. :)

How did you adjust the sights on the AR and AK that can't hit the target at 100 yards?

My ex ar15 never sight in on the iron sight. I bought it brand new from northwest armory six years ago. Cant hit anything at 100 yards. The ak i bought used. The rear iron sight got sand down. So i have to buy scope to put on it. With scope I can shoot at 100 yards, never try farther. With only one front sight I cant hit anything, but it fun to see the dirt behind the targeg explode lol.

My ex ar15 never sight in on the iron sight. I bought it brand new from northwest armory six years ago. Cant hit anything at 100 yards. The ak i bought used. The rear iron sight got sand down. So i have to buy scope to put on it. With scope I can shoot at 100 yards, never try farther. With only one front sight I cant hit anything, but it fun to see the dirt behind the targeg explode lol.

Ok, so the real news here is how great your new toy is, 300 yard shots are iron sights are pretty impressive, I want one!

M1A is a great riffle. All my friend here have them and they all like theirs. I love mine too. I was really shock with the result from yesterday shooting I just still cant believe I can do that. First picture I post my range report. More will come :)

My lame attempt at levity was apparently ill received. For that I apologize. I was just pulling your leg. Your skill with your new M1A is impressive and fun to see. They can be top notch rifles. Enjoy it and continue to "stretch it out". We fired M-14's at 1000 yards a few times in the military (targets were 5 foot diameter dots) and that was a real trip with open sigthts. I wasn't much of a danger to the target at that range but it was impressive to see the results when fired by really skilled riflemen.

This one is a keeper. Learn to maintain her and she will take care of you for years to come. Now get more mags, cleaning kit, tools and lots of ammo!

SF-

EDIT: consider a scout scope like a leupold or burris. Makes those shots a little easier.

Yup I had my local gun guy cleaned the gun after I left the shooting range. He called me up and told me all the goody in it. National match spring, nm spring guide, nm sight, recoild buffer and on and on. Yup I also have to tools for it too. Great riffle, i will keep this good and will be handing it down to my kid.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top