JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
everyone on my street owns a gun for example now when it used to be only like half
But have they (or do they) have any plans on shooting this 'gun' they own?

If these 'new' gun owners do not have easy access to public shooting are they going to go join a range, pay the fees or whatever to go shoot it a few times?

My point is what is their plan with this probably new 'one' gun they own?

The reason I ask is due to my own ignorance with regard to all these new gun owners - including the ones on your street who now have filled in the other half who didn't own guns before.

As a long term gun owner, regular shooter, hunter, reloader etc. it is hard to respect a new ' gun owner' who is buying out of fear, and for the illusion they have created for themselves the gun is going to 'save' them.

I have actually had some people tell me they believe 'The only reason to own a gun is for self defense'.

I don't expect everyone to agree but I believe gun ownership is a somewhat 'ethereal' undertaking and requires dedication, an investment in not only money but time, and shooting on a regular basis to maintain familiarity and a somewhat 'personal' attachment to them.

Last Edited:
Hunting for supplies has become a hobby in and of itself. I enjoy the chase and the satisfaction after loading a couple hundred rounds of ammo. The sense of accomplishment is that much greater when acquisition of the components was hard fought. I might actually miss it when it goes back to normal.

Last Edited:
1611600051073.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews