JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It may be years from now, or could be tomorrow. I'm simply trying to keep rounds that I have on the shelves, and shoot reloads. I have primers, but this feels a lot like2005-08, when you could not find .22 to save your life. Primers are like that now

Not very good news from the president of Federal. Primers are pretty much going to factory ammo production, as most people knew. Not much left over for reloaders. Video released this morning 1/21/21.

Yes, we have witnessed the results. I was trying to buy as many as I could when they were going for double. Now $200-250 a brick is normal. I will not be purchasing at that price unless I have to later in this mess. That could be the norm for a couple of years though

This won't help with our current situation, but I think there will be a resurrection in electronic ignition firearms and ammunition R&D. The Remington EtronX came out about 20 years ago, but with advancements in electronics and batteries, I believe this is the future and I expect to see more of this in the coming years. The biggest issue will be the inherent full auto capability.

Seems no body learned anything from the sandy hook aftermath.
One point the Federal ammunition CEO made in his video was that there are 7million (now 8million) NEW gun owners. Lets say they all wanted TWO boxes of 50rds each conservatively. That's 100rds x 7million =700 million rounds. So, aside from established gun owners' demands, that'd be another huge increase in demand that can't be met realistically. I learned, as all past gun owners should have. BUY IT CHEAP, STACK IT DEEP!

Last Edited:
Yes, we have witnessed the results. I was trying to buy as many as I could when they were going for double. Now $200-250 a brick is normal. I will not be purchasing at that price unless I have to later in this mess. That could be the norm for a couple of years though
If it was easy to sell for that I'd consider it I guess but I dislike the logistics enough that I pay the LGS 15% to sell guns for me.

IMG_20210121_085736.jpg IMG_20210121_085734.jpg

Hoping the panic starts to recede once Trump wins in 2024. ;)
I don't want to make this into a political thing but I don't see that happening; he had his run, he's getting old, and so on. I hope he plays it smart and founds a very successful media empire. That's all I want to say about that here.

Not very good news from the president of Federal. Primers are pretty much going to factory ammo production, as most people knew. Not much left over for reloaders. Video released this morning 1/21/21.
Thank you! Nice to hear an update from one of the actual leaders of sources we rely on :)

You're kidding, right?
I didn't count bodies but I'm telling you there had to be a couple hundred people. I didn't take a picture of the people behind me, but you could probably add another 50 to this line. Now try to picture all those people piled into that small area where they keep the reloading stuff and ammo.
Social distancing be damned. Felt like a clothed orgy....lol.

I didn't count bodies but I'm telling you there had to be a couple hundred people. I didn't take a picture of the people behind me, but you could probably add another 50 to this line. Now try to picture all those people piled into that small area where they keep the reloading stuff and ammo.
Social distancing be damned. Felt like a clothed orgy....lol.
Insane!

No waiting lines for ammo up in techie rich areas like Bellevue Wa....Wades had pallets of Fed 5.56 for a grand/1000 or boxes of basic S&B 9mm brass for $39.99/50 limit of one box per day. Of 10 times I've maybe shot there in the last couple of years, I'm the only one picking up my brass. Guess I'm either just an old- timer cheap as H or them young-uns are rich as H.

Last Edited:
No waiting lines for ammo up in techie rich areas like Bellevue Wa....Wades had pallets of Fed 5.56 for a grand/1000 or boxes of basic S&B 9mm brass for $39.99/50 limit of one box per day. Of 10 times I've maybe shot there in the last couple of years, I'm the only one picking up my brass. Guess I'm either an old- timer cheap as F or they're young-uns rich as F.

I am still a member at the gun range next to Wades. I have not gone for a few years now since they want to inspect you ammunition with out being loaded into magazines so it is easier to check. Very inconvenient since I load my magazines with brass cased, non-magnetic tips already. But some people were shooting 62gr LAP which ruins the back stops, etc. They only allow brass or nickle plated brass and their the gun range. Steel cased even with non-magnetic bullets or aluminum are not allowed. I should go back and see if anything has changed or not.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top