JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been finding a few decent deals on components here and there throughout the pandemic but it looks like things are really starting to really tighten up now. :eek:A friend is heading out on a pig hunt soon and wanted some 45-70 ammo for his new lever gun. He turned to me as he could find none available. I poked around my honey holes and turned up empty as well. I ended up kind of casting a broad net looking for components for several cartridges I shoot including 45-70. I was appalled at the lack of availability. It is as bad as I have ever seen it. Luckily I have enough in my personal stash to keep myself shooting but depending how long this goes on my shooting may get affected as well. I told my friend I would load him some 45-70 for the hunt if needed but hopefully he can beg and borrow for some factory fodder. It is bad to the bone out there and the outlook is pretty bleak. Buckle up gents the pavement is about to end.

I have been finding a few decent deals on components here and there throughout the pandemic but it looks like things are really starting to really tighten up now. :eek:A friend is heading out on a pig hunt soon and wanted some 45-70 ammo for his new lever gun. He turned to me as he could find none available. I poked around my honey holes and turned up empty as well. I ended up kind of casting a broad net looking for components for several cartridges I shoot including 45-70. I was appalled at the lack of availability. It is as bad as I have ever seen it. Luckily I have enough in my personal stash to keep myself shooting but depending how long this goes on my shooting may get affected as well. I told my friend I would load him some 45-70 for the hunt if needed but hopefully he can beg and borrow for some factory fodder. It is bad to the bone out there and the outlook is pretty bleak. Buckle up gents the pavement is about to end.

It is getting tight. The "forum flippers" have reduced their ads about 90%.
Cinch tight, and hold on!
Best,
Gary

Speculators and flippers will speculate on it and flip it. Ammunition as the "It"? That's new. The ones who suffer are, of course, the ones who just use it day to day.

I think many are buying while they hold their breath waiting for legislatures to start doing things. That and the 'first hundred days' nationally.

I keep looking at the classifieds for "Crystal Ball." No luck.

My last three gun purchases have been single shots with 0 shot clipazines. All in prep for how much ammo I can conscientiously part with in the future.:(

I suspect we all have enough to get by for years but we aren't mag dumping at the range anymore.
If Demento gets his way we'll all be back to front stuffers in short order.

I just dropped a couple cnotes on some Maker specialty bullets I hunt with just to make sure I ill have them. I was actually surprised to find them in stock.

Just a couple of years ago I half jokingly told new to guns people to find the ammo first, then find a gun to match as ammo was on and off getting thin then.. :rolleyes:
Now I'm dead serious; :eek: BUY A BUNCH OF AMMO FIRST, THEN FIND A GUN TO MATCH!
Or don't bother buying that expensive firearm, it couldn't even be used as a paper weight since it must be locked up!:(

Just a couple of years ago I half jokingly told new to guns people to find the ammo first, then find a gun to match as ammo was on and off getting thin then.. :rolleyes:
Now I'm dead serious; :eek: BUY A BUNCH OF AMMO FIRST, THEN FIND A GUN TO MATCH!
Or don't bother buying that expensive firearm, it couldn't even be used as a paper weight since it must be locked up!:(
I had Ammo for a 17HMR long before I had the rifle. I was THAT sure I'd be getting one.

20,000 + rounds later, she's still going strong!

It is getting tight. The "forum flippers" have reduced their ads about 90%.
Cinch tight, and hold on!
Best,
Gary

Lol...noticed that as well. Those that do offer stuff up for sale/trade want unicorn dust pricing for their stuff while discounting your stuff to 2003 prices.

-E-

Homemade primers and backyard powder. I hope that never becomes a necessity, but people have been doing that since the invention of gunpowder. Probably not a bad idea for those not familiar with the process to gain a basic understanding. My more immediate concern is for the safety of those out there that may be considering using improper powders for the application, especially with the number of new reloaders. On the bright side, maybe one of us will come up with a major breakthrough in firearms or ammunition, following in the footsteps of Marsh Williams. Well, hopefully not his exact footsteps.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top