It is as bad as I have seen it for ammo and reloading components

RVTECH

Reactions
everyone on my street owns a gun for example now when it used to be only like half
But have they (or do they) have any plans on shooting this 'gun' they own?

If these 'new' gun owners do not have easy access to public shooting are they going to go join a range, pay the fees or whatever to go shoot it a few times?

My point is what is their plan with this probably new 'one' gun they own?

The reason I ask is due to my own ignorance with regard to all these new gun owners - including the ones on your street who now have filled in the other half who didn't own guns before.

As a long term gun owner, regular shooter, hunter, reloader etc. it is hard to respect a new ' gun owner' who is buying out of fear, and for the illusion they have created for themselves the gun is going to 'save' them.

I have actually had some people tell me they believe 'The only reason to own a gun is for self defense'.

I don't expect everyone to agree but I believe gun ownership is a somewhat 'ethereal' undertaking and requires dedication, an investment in not only money but time, and shooting on a regular basis to maintain familiarity and a somewhat 'personal' attachment to them.

Last edited:

SteelheadTed

Reactions
Hunting for supplies has become a hobby in and of itself. I enjoy the chase and the satisfaction after loading a couple hundred rounds of ammo. The sense of accomplishment is that much greater when acquisition of the components was hard fought. I might actually miss it when it goes back to normal.

Last edited:

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    One of the best!
    I have bought from online and in person. Great store, he had things I did not know were needed. I try and recommend Highline Firearms to people I...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    The only gunsmith I'll use
    Tim has done a few projects for me and the result is always the same. Amazing. End of story. From complete refinish to custom machining, Tim is...
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
    5.00 star(s)
    Great work threading Tikka barrel
    I dropped off my Tikka to have Tim thread the stainless barrel. GREAT work. Excellent communications. Highly recommend Tim. Very good value for...
Top Bottom