JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got a very interesting e-mail yesterday concerning new legislation proposed on the US house. HR45 apparently would force citizens to apply for a license to own, sell or trade certain weapons. The criteria appears to be tied to any detachable magazine. Watch this one close......

Just go to the us house of representatives web site and search for HR45

"Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who did not."
~ Thomas Jefferson

And now ?

This IS uncle "O's" agenda people - it may not pass as written, it may not pass today, but you better believe it is what 'they' want.

Still no cosponsors. Here's a link to the status page to keep any eye out if it starts getting any traction. <broken link removed> The "Committees" link should (using the word should with a grain of salt) show if a committee is actually doing anything with it. Doesn't seem to be any action taken by the Judiciary Committee, yet.

Yes Dolooper I understand that but it is far better for people be aware of things before they gain traction; rather than once the machine is rolling down hill. Oh don't worry I am not a doom sayer, and the tinfoil hat isn't on too tight.

But knowing their aggenda, wouldn't it be far better to obtain some kind of organized structure before they strike? I do believe when they strike it will be swifter then ever before.

Understood, Black Elk. Knowing about it is good. A link or bookmark directly to the status page makes it just a little easier to keep an eye on it.

That's not to say that the entire text of the bill can't be slipped in to some completely unrelated piece of legislation, either, but it's a place to watch for any action on it as a standalone bill.

Sad thing is I know some fellow gun owners who I'm sure would think this is just the greatest most common sense idea ever... :(

This is the one where the AG would get to arbitrarily set the testing requirements for your license, right? So in theory they could set it up so that only astrophysicists or molecular biologists have the requisite knowledge to get said license?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top