Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

It has begun HR 45

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Teufel_Hunden, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Teufel_Hunden

Teufel_Hunden Albany, Oregon Active Member

I got a very interesting e-mail yesterday concerning new legislation proposed on the US house. HR45 apparently would force citizens to apply for a license to own, sell or trade certain weapons. The criteria appears to be tied to any detachable magazine. Watch this one close......

Just go to the us house of representatives web site and search for HR45

"Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who did not."
    ~ Thomas Jefferson

2. fingolfen

fingolfen Oregon Member

3. Black Elk

Black Elk Portland, OR New Member

4. dolooper

dolooper Coast Range, or thereabouts Well-Known Member

Still no cosponsors. Here's a link to the status page to keep any eye out if it starts getting any traction. H.R. 45. The "Committees" link should (using the word should with a grain of salt) show if a committee is actually doing anything with it. Doesn't seem to be any action taken by the Judiciary Committee, yet.

5. Black Elk

Yes Dolooper I understand that but it is far better for people be aware of things before they gain traction; rather than once the machine is rolling down hill. Oh don't worry I am not a doom sayer, and the tinfoil hat isn't on too tight.

But knowing their aggenda, wouldn't it be far better to obtain some kind of organized structure before they strike? I do believe when they strike it will be swifter then ever before.

6. dolooper

dolooper Coast Range, or thereabouts Well-Known Member

Understood, Black Elk. Knowing about it is good. A link or bookmark directly to the status page makes it just a little easier to keep an eye on it.

That's not to say that the entire text of the bill can't be slipped in to some completely unrelated piece of legislation, either, but it's a place to watch for any action on it as a standalone bill.

7. Black Elk

Saddly too true - thank you for the link and your due diligence.

8. Saw the Elephant

Saw the Elephant Salem, Oregon New Member

NRA-ILA is probably already on it, but I sent them an e-mail about the bill anyway.

9. XD45

XD45 Salem, OR Member

Yea thanks for pointing this one out! We ALL need to be very watchful these days and protect our rights.

10. Abe Froman

Abe Froman West of Salem Active Member

NRA????? What a joke:sleep:

11. Dutchy556

Dutchy556 Bend, OR Member

Sad thing is I know some fellow gun owners who I'm sure would think this is just the greatest most common sense idea ever... :(

This is the one where the AG would get to arbitrarily set the testing requirements for your license, right? So in theory they could set it up so that only astrophysicists or molecular biologists have the requisite knowledge to get said license?

12. Black Elk

YUP so did hitler, then britain, and canada. register them just before you comfiscate them.

13. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Although Canada is arguably tightly (over) restricted, what confiscation took place?

14. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

PS I don't know a single gun owner who thinks HR 45 is even remotely anything but unacceptable and has no redeeming value whatsoever.

BTW the link above froze my machine so let's try this one to HR 45.