JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

More than 60 licensed firearm owners across the inner north-west received a visit from police yesterday, as part of an operation targeting breaches of firearm storage compliance.

Authorities knocked on the door of 62 premises in the northern and western suburbs to ensure that owners are correctly storing their firearms.

Detective Superintendent Alan Byrnes said that nearly one in five gun owners were found to be breaching storage requirements.

“Whilst the majority of licensed firearm owners were found to be correctly storing their firearms, we detected 14 breaches, which is unacceptable,” he said.

“We found one owner’s firearm unsecured hidden in a duct, whilst another owner could not account for missing firearms.

So in Australia even the few that have legally register firearms have to worry about "storage compliance".
Nanny state and gun control at its worst.

Brutus Out

Bunch of dead cops would be the end result if that was to happen here..
Sorry fellas (leos).. You may just be following orders.. But those orders (at least here) are unconstitutional and that kind of tyrannical enforcement will not be tolerated.

"They" don't want us dead. They want us disarmed and compliant.

Brutus Out
IMO its essentially the same thing.
Once we lose that freedom, we are dead. We have nothing to put up against the tyrants will.
And at that point, thy will be done.. Or else.
We'll be an unarmed society on our knees beging for our daily rations.

Bunch of dead cops would be the end result if that was to happen here..
Sorry fellas (leos).. You may just be following orders.. But those orders (at least here) are unconstitutional and that kind of tyrannical enforcement will not be tolerated.
The people will turn in their guns and show their bellies. Most of those who have taken an oath to uphold the constitution do not.

There are many "herds". Game management experts have found that herds are generally healthier if the weak, old, and non productive members are thinned out from time to time. That is precisely how many of the limits for various fish and game species are set. There is the pro-gun herd, and the anti-gun herd, and many other types of "herds".

The people will turn in their guns and show their bellies. Most of those who have taken an oath to uphold the constitution do not.

Um, actually in California the non compliance with the state semi auto ban was 90%. Suspect it to be much higher in many other states. A gun grab will be their Waterloo

It's really something else how these police have the job to hassle the citizens of their
country, due to the possibility that criminals may later rob said citizens of these dangerous firearms
Crazy just insane. Apparently these aussie cops know that catching criminals isn't their job.

There are many "herds". Game management experts have found that herds are generally healthier if the weak, old, and non productive members are thinned out from time to time. That is precisely how many of the limits for various fish and game species are set. There is the pro-gun herd, and the anti-gun herd, and many other types of "herds".

I refer to us all. Everyone who is not a member of Washington's Nomenklatura!

It's really something else how these police have the job to hassle the citizens of their
country, due to the possibility that criminals may later rob said citizens of these dangerous firearms
Crazy just insane. Apparently these aussie cops know that catching criminals isn't their job.

Yep.. they are state enforcers who don't ask disruptive questions

If it happens here, you won't find LE going door to door. There will be a date/time set to turn everything in, after that it would be a crime to own/posses them.

My take...if there ever is a mandatory registration, don't register anything. Right now they don't know where everything is...who owns what. If you register anything, they will know where to find it if the time comes.

Maybe my tin hat is too tight this evening or I've had too many glasses of Pinot, but a few things I want to interject in this discussion is that I don't believe the US will ever see regular police going from door to door in a gun grab. What we will see, I believe, is an assault by contractors like Blackwater, DHS, the UN and a few unlucky National Guardsmen. The other is that once this happens, the slumbering giant of the public will be awakened and everything will break loose. If you think about it, post Iraq War 2, we never have had so many ex-military personnel among us....maybe since WWII? Its comforting to know that the guys that want to force tyranny on us are up against a mighty opposition of men and women who have had the same training, are well armed and are tired of all this BS.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top