JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If it didn't grow there, it shouldn't be there!

This thread is for stuff we find in the forest that isn't natural to the forest. Some items may need help getting them out and we can collaborate our efforts here.

Other items may easily be removed but usually fun to post about.

So keep your eyes open and be alert to things that don't belong in the woods.

Trespassers, you are doomed - bicycles or not.

8D39D012-C966-4CB8-919C-5C49897AEB33.gif

This RV is what Cogs is referring to. I had posted in a different thread and now moving it here.
General summary......
Cogs sent an email to Randy at ODF Forest Grove office to work on having it removed. He will let us know when so hopefully we can help clean up. And then Cogs will be able to have pictures and a report. And then is able to post to social media about how members of NorthwestFirearms and Trash No Land joined ODF in removing it. The idea is to show how gun owners value our public lands just as much as anyone else! Something positive in a gun-negative world!

20190929_135936.jpg 20190929_135628.jpg 20190929_115811.jpg

This RV is what Cogs is referring to. I had posted in a different thread and now moving it here.
General summary......
Cogs sent an email to Randy at ODF Forest Grove office to work on having it removed. He will let us know when so hopefully we can help clean up. And then Cogs will be able to have pictures and a report. And then is able to post to social media about how members of NorthwestFirearms and Trash No Land joined ODF in removing it. The idea is to show how gun owners value our public lands just as much as anyone else! Something positive in a gun-negative world!

View attachment 623420 View attachment 623421 View attachment 623422

Good thinking.

Just heard back from Randy...

"Thanks for the info. I forwarded it to our staff that are tracking abandoned vehicles and trailers on the forest to confirm it is one they are tracking and if they have a plan for removal. I will let you know what I find out
Randy"

I found a TV at the second dirt cut along salmonberry a few weeks ago. Couldn't fit it in my sedan...
I did manage to get a bag full of the shot gun shells at least.

Dang! I thought this thread was going to be all that hair that used to be on my head and is now springing up on my ears, neck, shoulders, and back.

Does my mom and my daughter count?

Photos&Scans 481.jpg

I found a TV at the second dirt cut along salmonberry a few weeks ago. Couldn't fit it in my sedan...
I did manage to get a bag full of the shot gun shells at least.
Hopefully someone will see this and pick it up next time out.

Thanks for letting us know.

Some good examples of gun owners looking good, (or good looking gun owners), is after we do a good deed in the woods. Cleanups get lots of raves and kudos when I report what we did. Helping the Oregon Hunters Association and ODFW rebuild the old trap range on Sauvie Island got good attention.

Recently, I spotted a dump of 23 tires in the Yacolt forest, WA, and pulled them all out. I made a call to Les Schwab Tires in Camas and they donated the recycle service. Loads of positive reaction to that, from shooters and non-shooters alike.

I'll be posting about @Rem700..300 of his recent random act soon.

People love to see other people caring for the forest and get really excited when they realize it was done by people who shoot in the woods. There has never been a strong presence of do-gooder shooters in the woods and I aim to make it known that we are just as concerned as they are. It's just that we love our guns, even if they don't . Otherwise, we're no different from those who don't shoot.

So go ahead with those selfies of your Random Act of Cleanups and post (boast) about them! I'll send the message.

Bill

I was at the gravel pit by Larch Corrections this morning and found this commercial deep fryer … the thing that gets me is this is all stainless and weighs a bunch so it has to have scrap value other than being a trash target. Why not take it to a scrap yard and get a few peso for your efforts?

20191011_095555.jpg

I'd have pulled it myself but was in my car so no room.

I did pick up 3 5-gallon buckets of empty shot shells however. I don't get people, shotgun hulls are the easiest to pick up and look the worst of any firearm debris but there are slobs everywhere. :(

Last Edited:
At the gravel pit by Larch Corrections this morning and found this commercial deep fryer … the thing is this is all stainless and weighs a bunch so it has to have scrap value other than being a trash target.

View attachment 623944

I'd have pulled it myself but was in my car so no room.

I did pick up 3 5-gallon buckets of empty shot shells however. I don't get people, shot gun hulls are the easiest to pick up and look the worst of any firearm debris but there are slobs everywhere.
Good move! I just might go get that, and some other stuff this weekend. I'm on call this weekend so all depends on any 'No Heat' calls.

Thanks for the Random Act of Cleanup!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads