JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well........I'm not sure any response I have would be welcome after yesterday's discussions............

From the article:
There are now 100 million gun-owning Americans, and gun owners tend to be single-issue voters.
If only this was really how it worked. Sadly it does not. If we had 100million voters who really were single issue we would turn congress on it's ear in one election. The real world is there is a huge portion of the gun owners who do not bother to vote, throw their vote away saying they will not vote for a (insert your favorite word for not perfect here), or the worst, actually vote for people who openly tell them we need more gun laws.
The reason we get the gun laws we get is gun owners. Many do not like to hear this but the facts don't change because many don't like them. Just think what could be done with 100million votes at election time. Sadly doubt it will ever happen.

From the article:
There are now 100 million gun-owning Americans, and gun owners tend to be single-issue voters.
If only this was really how it worked. Sadly it does not. If we had 100million voters who really were single issue we would turn congress on it's ear in one election. The real world is there is a huge portion of the gun owners who do not bother to vote, throw their vote away saying they will not vote for a (insert your favorite word for not perfect here), or the worst, actually vote for people who openly tell them we need more gun laws.
The reason we get the gun laws we get is gun owners. Many do not like to hear this but the facts don't change because many don't like them. Just think what could be done with 100million votes at election time. Sadly doubt it will ever happen.
When they say "tend" I'd estimate based on my own observations to say around 75% of gun owners are single issue voters. The other 25% might be skewed only because I live around the Portland area where calling someone moderate implies they lean slightly left. There are gun owners that I know of around Portland but their opinions tend to revolve around other issues such as abortion, climate just as heavily as guns. Keep in mind there are those gun owners who don't think that anyone needs a 30 round magazine or an "assault weapon."

Leftists are 'never' moderate...at least not in my experience, but some would like you to think that, while they slip their hand into your pockets....

When they say "tend" I'd estimate based on my own observations to say around 75% of gun owners are single issue voters. The other 25% might be skewed only because I live around the Portland area where calling someone moderate implies they lean slightly left. There are gun owners that I know of around Portland but their opinions tend to revolve around other issues such as abortion, climate just as heavily as guns. Keep in mind there are those gun owners who don't think that anyone needs a 30 round magazine or an "assault weapon."
I could see that of the ones who bother to vote. Assuming there really is 100 million owners a lot of them do not bother to vote at all. To see this all you have to do is talk to people who sell guns. After each new anti gun law goes in the shops hear all kinds of angered gun owners who come in to buy. They had no clue at all some new law had gone in. Trump won with 63million votes. I have zero doubt a lot of those 63 Mil do not own a gun. I see a LOT of people who do own guns lamenting that Hilary did not win and that they will vote for anyone the other side puts up against Trump. Then they wonder why new laws keep going in and blame us being outnumbered. After they proudly tell all they are voting for the people who are trying to take their rights away :s0054:

Eh, @Kruel J had some weird baking theories in the cupcake sub-forum. Pretty radical, really. Something about using coconut oil instead of Crisco, etc.
LOL, sometimes the strangest things can just send people over the edge. I have been a member of a group for Kel-Tec for almost a couple decades. It's like this group in that the owner pretty much lets any subject come up. It's all but dead now but for many years it was very busy. Every now and then something would start a huge scene until the group owner would have to step in. One from decades back was referred to as the great grease war. An old Smith who has since moved off this earth mentioned that grease was far better than oil on the moving parts of an auto, and why. For some reason it just set a bunch of people off. Got so bad so fast the group owner who rarely stepped in finally said that's it. Anyone says anything about this any more and I will moderate you. It would mean anything they posted he would have to OK before it went out. It was amazing to watch how it set some people off. Have seen something close here a few times only here mods step in much faster and just shut it down. Couple times someone got so mad at me over something that seemed trivial to me, so bad that it made me leery of them owning a gun. :eek:

LOL, sometimes the strangest things can just send people over the edge. I have been a member of a group for Kel-Tec for almost a couple decades. It's like this group in that the owner pretty much lets any subject come up. It's all but dead now but for many years it was very busy. Every now and then something would start a huge scene until the group owner would have to step in. One from decades back was referred to as the great grease war. An old Smith who has since moved off this earth mentioned that grease was far better than oil on the moving parts of an auto, and why. For some reason it just set a bunch of people off. Got so bad so fast the group owner who rarely stepped in finally said that's it. Anyone says anything about this any more and I will moderate you. It would mean anything they posted he would have to OK before it went out. It was amazing to watch how it set some people off. Have seen something close here a few times only here mods step in much faster and just shut it down. Couple times someone got so mad at me over something that seemed trivial to me, so bad that it made me leery of them owning a gun. :eek:

Keyboard commandos don't scare me. Unless they are sitting next to me "going commando".

:s0140:

Heh, oil seems to start many fights on auto forums also; weird how militant people are about lubricants in general. It always seems to end up referring back to 'Bob is the oil guy' as the definitive source.

Bacon grease for the win!

Lest you think I'm kidding there was a tv show about some one time stock broker living in the woods and he took pigs and deer with an M-14.

Yep, he kept it bacon greased and it worked...

They also had a couple of hippies (the girl was pretty cute) where the white guy wore dreads living off the land. He is/was actually a pretty cool smart guy, but the dreads always seemed redicuolous to me...

Lest you think I'm kidding there was a tv show about some one time stock broker living in the woods and he took pigs and deer with an M-14.

They also had a couple of hippies (the girl was pretty cute) where the white guy wore dreads living off the land. He is/was actually a pretty cool smart guy, but the dreads always seemed redicuolous to me...
Whats not to like, smell of bacon and Hoppies #9, heaven :D

Gotta keep that gun running hot then. Nothing like a fat stoppage to ruin a hog hunt :(

I'm a gun owner and a single-issue voter.
There's a dam good reason for that. A candidate's stance on 2A issues is the most accurate barometer of where they stand on all other issues... period.

Have you ever heard a pol say that they want more control over the populace while eschewing the welfare state? Higher taxes and/or wealth redistribution? A general feeling of unease w a free citizenry vs a group of subjects? Anyone who says " Our people"?

Yeah, me neither.

We are NOT "your people". Neither are we a "civilized society"... unless we choose to be.

We are a country made up of individual states. Those states are made up of individuals. We are not a collective and YOU are not in charge... YOU are, in fact, begging for a job so... get over yourself.

A bit of ranting there... my apoligies.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads