JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think we got a winner

Put about 200 rounds through it, no light strikes or fail to fires. Ran like a top.

This was a mag full rapid fire at 100 yards standing through a non magnified cheapie red dot.

I'm a happy camper.

image.jpg

I think we got a winner

Put about 200 rounds through it, no light strikes or fail to fires. Ran like a top.

This was a mag full rapid fire at 100 yards standing through a non magnified cheapie red dot.

I'm a happy camper.

Is there an adapter for Glock mags? I see that their standard kit uses proprietary magazines. Also, if anyone has experience with their 9mm pistol uppers, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

they are not proprietary mags, They are colt SMG style mags which are made by quite a number of folks (I bought four made made by someone other than PSA but I dont recall who right off)

No adapter for Glock mags, you have to buy a Glock mag lower which also takes a special bolt. The Glock mag guns are really cool but you are limited to run the bolt and lower made just for them.

I dont have any experience with PSA's 9MM pistol upper. I have run both a .45 and 9MM Oly arms Pistols and was not all that impressed with thier design (they do have proprietary mags)

They use the colt SMG/Sten mags, they are not proprietary. No Glock mag option that I know of at the moment but heard rumblings of one a few months ago.

Since they are a blowback operation, I cant see why there would be any difference with the pistol vs. rifle upper. It looks like a little fiddling can get it to run like a top.

Was just looking for an update to this thread. I missed your post on Monday. Glad to hear that it's working so well. I've definitely got an AR9 on my want list :)

I really like the thing. The kit was $399 on sale and just a few upgrades made it a solid plinker, its a ton of fun to shoot with the TRS-25 and it cost about half what a 5.56 AR does to put holes in paper.

I really like the thing. The kit was $399 on sale and just a few upgrades made it a solid plinker, its a ton of fun to shoot with the TRS-25 and it cost about half what a 5.56 AR does to put holes in paper.

So, ultimately, it was just the spring you needed to replace to get it functioning 100%?

Well..... Don't tell anyone but I had the hammer spring on backwards ( I didn't figure that out till I pulled it out to put the extra power one on)
:s0063:

Seriously I have probably built 50 lowers and know better. My head must have been elsewhere

The two kits I built for my friend worked flawless out of the box.

they are not proprietary mags, They are colt SMG style mags which are made by quite a number of folks (I bought four made made by someone other than PSA but I dont recall who right off)

No adapter for Glock mags, you have to buy a Glock mag lower which also takes a special bolt. The Glock mag guns are really cool but you are limited to run the bolt and lower made just for them.

I dont have any experience with PSA's 9MM pistol upper. I have run both a .45 and 9MM Oly arms Pistols and was not all that impressed with thier design (they do have proprietary mags)

Thanks! That just made my choices much simpler.

Just had a similar issue with a bolt assy from New Frontier Armory. The firing pin spring got crushed inside the assy after a few rounds only. After inspecting the parts and comparing to other pics on internet, I figured that they did not machine the pin properly which cause the spring to get cought between the bolt and the "shoulder" left on the firing pin. This also explain the light strike since the pin is not allowed to fully travel. I replace the firing pin and spring with parts from Rock River Arms and the problem is solve! Already fired about 150 rds through it with no issues... I'll post some pics if anybody need more details...

Just had a similar issue with a bolt assy from New Frontier Armory. The firing pin spring got crushed inside the assy after a few rounds only. After inspecting the parts and comparing to other pics on internet, I figured that they did not machine the pin properly which cause the spring to get cought between the bolt and the "shoulder" left on the firing pin. This also explain the light strike since the pin is not allowed to fully travel. I replace the firing pin and spring with parts from Rock River Arms and the problem is solve! Already fired about 150 rds through it with no issues... I'll post some pics if anybody need more details...

Yay for you and finding as well as FIXING the problem.

Welcome aboard and feel free to post an introduction in the New Members section.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top