JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had bought a box of 250 rounds of OMC 9MM ammo and took it to the range to pass it through my PF9. It wasn't long before I started getting a lot of stovepiping and FTE's. Very frustrating. Examining the cases I noticed the sides of the case had lots of small scratches spread out all over. Not sure if they were scratches, as they could have been brass stretching. If the cases were expanding too tightly in the barrel, that would account for the inability to eject.

This is the first time I've had any sort of ammo problems with this gun, and have put somewhere shy of a thousand rounds through it with no problem. I've puts a few different brands through it, but the case markings made me think it was more brass than my gun.

Anyone else has this problem?

OMC Outdoor Marksman Corporation? Remanufactured ammo? So so stuff, not very accurate in my guns, and the scratches
are probably from a dirty sizing die in the remanufacturing process.
or
UMC Union Metallic Cartridge new ammo? (The 250 ct yellow boxes)? Never had a problem with this stuff. Very mild load.
Won't quite make minor power factor out of a Glock 17.

My bad. It was UMC (Remington) Wasn't able to find much on the web for folks having specific issues, nor was I able to find a source for interpreting case marks which would have helped me understand what was going on.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top