JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What you are looking at is the front opening of the ejection port on my 'new' PCC.

The bright vertical line is the edge of the port getting nicked up from ejected cases striking it.

Should I:

Email Ruger with pics?

Do nothing?

Proceed with an idea I have to machine a SS corner 'block' that will be secured with an allen head machine screw into the receiver?

IMG_2202.JPG

Last Edited:
If it's anything like mine, the brass comes out about a million miles an hour. Brass and/or nickel from the spent cases will wipe itself on everything it touches on the way out.

And the coating seems to be pretty thick on that edge. As best I can tell on mine, the coating is nicked to bare metal, and/or filled in with brass. The parent metal is not impressed in any way.

P1020377.JPG

Last Edited:
Pic working now. That looks a lot like the Taurus TX-22 port. It gets chewed up pretty good from the spent casings as well.

I'd be curious to see a fix for this.

I'd be curious to see a fix for this.
Not really a 'fix' but I have considered the idea of a small SS corner block that will be shaped to the slight radius just in front of the opening and be secured with an allen head screw as I described.

It would just prevent any further damage to the edge of the port.

Not really a 'fix' but I have considered the idea of a small SS corner block that will be shaped to the slight radius just in front of the opening and be secured with an allen head screw as I described.

It would just prevent any further damage to the edge of the port.

The port getting beat up like that is disheartening. I've seen it before as mentioned above, and I wonder why manufacturers would release a gun into the wild knowing it will do this.

Check your ejector 'channel' and spring location for debris lube lightly with a choke tube grease shoot alot more ammo.
Complete tear down, cleaning and light lubing twice - over 500 rounds shot already.

Maybe I'm alone here but I don't see that as problematic?
In the big scheme of things I don't see it a 'problematic' either - but it is damaging to the gun and should not be happening.

No other semis I have owned have had 'battered' ports from brass.

Complete tear down, cleaning and light lubing twice - over 500 rounds shot already.

In the big scheme of things I don't see it a 'problematic' either - but it is damaging to the gun and should not be happening.

No other semis I have owned have had 'battered' ports from brass.
I don't know, almost every aluminum receiver/slide/frame I own has some degree of finish wear at the ejection port. I'm sure my new PC Charger will look just like that in short order. Yours does look like a lot, though.

I don't know, almost every aluminum receiver/slide/frame I own has some degree of finish wear at the ejection port. I'm sure my new PC Charger will look just like that in short order. Yours does look like a lot, though.
I hear ya!

Winchester 94s don't get beat up ports, no 1911 I have ever owned has had this happen, as well as any other SAs I have owned - maybe an 'aluminum' thing ?

Lets wait and see what Ruger has to say about it!

Another defective BCM, Colt, s&w, Glock, Barrett, Daniel defense, Taurus, armalite, Springfield, hawken..... What's news about this? You show me one manufacturer who doesn't have issues

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top