JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My Remington 1148 shotgun is having feeding issues. When I feed it into the mag tube, normally the first one goes fine but the second, and so on. It seems to go only half way, like it is pinched or caught on something. Anyone know of a good smith that could look at this. Thanks

Howdy Pete,

Can't help you much for a smith on your side of the river, and mine would be a moderate drive for you. Have you taken the spring out of the mag tube, cleaned the interior of the mag tube (and follower: the spring cap that touches the front of the first cartridge loaded)?

Very often, on older guns, the interior of the magazine tube will collect corrosion, and the follower will bind up: kind of like a seizing piston in an engine with no lube.

This may help: If you don't feel comfortable tackling it yourself, it may give you some information to help when speaking with the gunsmith:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top