JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As I said in another thread I picked up a Glock 30SF recently. I made it to the range with it yesterday and I must say that I am very impressed with it. The only real issue I had with it was the fact that it was very hard to insert a fully loaded mag into the gun and almost impossible to insert a topped off mag after putting a round in the chamber. I actually did not manage to get the mag in with a full load with one in the pipe. I was afraid I was going to break something.

I am hoping this will change as the mags get broken in some. I had a similar issue with my G29 to a lesser extent when I first got it and it seems to have improved. Anyone else have this issue? is it a common one?

My buddy had the same issue. He said he used the loader and pushed down on a hard surface for a few seconds before inserting....probably just a really tight spring setup. Also he got by for a while by inserting the mag with the slide back, then it chambered no problem. Took some time but after all the constant pressure from loader on loaded mag it finally freed up to where he no longer needs to insert it with the slide back.

Yeah, the GLOCK mags have a lot of bullets crammed in them, and a very compressed spring = harder to push that final round up against the closed slide. This is an even bigger problem on the small-frame GLOCK's, because the magazines are even smaller.

I found that when I go to the range with my 21, I never fill the 13 round mags all the way up, usually only to 10 rds or so. Easier to load, easier to insert into the gun, and easier to keep track of how many rounds I have shot.

Also, I have heard from some that their magwells are a little out of spec, and that taking little bit of sandpaper on the outside of their mags lets them slide in and out a lot easier.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top