JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just bought a SCAR MK22 that was made for the Californification market and has a fixed stock, easy fix there, and a cheesy muzzle brake that I want to remove. Does anyone know if it is permanently installed or will it screw off? I live in a "Free State" and we can change that!

20151214_155433_zpswp5kxgds.jpg

d29cd9dc-6379-4edb-9192-ae748d216d63_zpsjxysft9e.jpg

Last Edited:
Nope I haven't actually done one, I've done 3. And all had been blind pinned and tig welded then coated so you couldn't see it. Now these were all worked on by another gunsmith in California. So I'm sure he was making them "legal" in his eyes. And when I unscrewed the first one I messed up the threads, since I didn't see the blind pin. But new threads are easy! Just cut it done a little...

Rick has some pretty google power and has come up with a MK22 manual ;) and they come apart just like all the ones Walther is making....

Thanks for that info. My manual must be different. Mine is dated 09/2011 and on page 30, last page, is the back cover index page. Glad Rick Benjamin found that Cheaper Than Dirt photo. Didn't know it was a barrel shroud instead of being a barrel. Think I'll just live with it or lathe out one to go over existing one if one isn't commercially available. Thanks guys!

Going to work on the bolt recoil spring sometime this week. I can tell, when dry firing, how weak the firing pin strike is. (Cut the coils!) I also really hate having to have the mag inserted in order for it to fire. (Next mod.)

Worked on the firing pin return spring yesterday. What a nightmare to disassemble. My rifle is a new model and bolt disassembly is not like the ones I see on YouBoob. I could not get the screw, that holds the firing pin, out as it is the smallest Torx screw I've ever seen. My Torx set only goes down to a T-10, which is small, but looks like that screw is about a T-6! Sooo I had to force the bolt cover off to get at the spring. One I did it appears that ISSC corrected it with a lighter tension spring. So I put it back together and hope there are not failure to fire rounds. I have as of yet not fired my new MK22.

.Going to work on the bolt recoil spring sometime this week. I can tell, when dry firing, how weak the firing pin strike is. (Cut the coils!).
How are you "going going to work on" a weak spring.. stretch it out just a tad?
The first thing I woulda done would be to shoot the rifle before modifying it in any way.. to at least establish a benchmark/baseline and or to see if the rifle is just a dog and doesn't work at all, blows up or won't hit the broad side of a barn or you just don't like it.

You don't understand. The "common " problem for these rifles, right out of the box, has been too strong a firing pin spring where the hammer can't overpower it and causes a light strike and get many FTF's. Go check it out on YouBoob to see what I'm describing. I wanted to get a jump on the fix cause I don't get a chance to shoot often.
20151214_155433_zpswp5kxgds.jpg

You don't understand. The "common " problem for these rifles, right out of the box, has been too strong a firing pin spring where the hammer can't overpower it and causes a light strike and get many FTF's. Go check it out on YouBoob to see what I'm describing. I wanted to get a jump on the fix cause I don't get a chance to shoot often.
View attachment 268480
I guess everybody needs a hobby.

I gotta get that scope off the rifle! It just doesn't look Tactical. After all we do like dressing them up and taking them out somewhere! LoL I have a NcStar pistol scope coming, hopefully tomorrow, and will give it a better, sleeker look. I "think" it is a 4 power but maybe a 2 power. Getting old and can't remember things. But I never forget when it's time to eat! Ha LoL ;)

<broken link removed> page 30, flash hider (66) screws into the threaded sleeve (59).
Googling Mk22 flash hider shows

I'm betting that the "barrel stubby" had been epoxy on cause it's a California model and it's a barrel shroud. I'm emailed ISSC in Austria and they are going to locate someone to answer my question here in the states. No one seems to know and I don't want to screw my barrel shroud up just cause I get anxious. "Haste makes waste!" As the saying goes.

How hard was it to get the muzzlebreak off? Clockwise or counter?.....Also their customer service sux, I bought a new one in Dec and had mag issues. They directed me to ATI which said they don't keep the guns or mags on hand so they couldn't remedy the issue but told me to send them the gun anyways...ISSC Austria said not to send gun that they would resolve the issue, that's been a month and 4 unanswered emails now with no mag or replies now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top