JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone picked up one of these? I was looking at one yesterday and wondering if anyone has had any feeding problems with them. The New ones are suppose to be better. The only reason I am looking at one of these is I have a glock alread. I am also looking a Ruger mark III.
Thanks

I've look at them, but decided against it, even when J&G put it on sale for $199 (may still be on sale by the way). SA trigger with a decocker is kinda odd to me. Also don't like the idea of changing recoil springs depending on whether you fire high velocity or standard velocity rounds.

It's weird. I think some of them come with one recoil spring, some with two different ones, depending on whether it's the "updated" version of the pistol or not.

Yeah it seems the newer ones have the single spring. I know one of the sponsors was selling them but I did not hear if they were any good or had problems. If I can find one resonable might pick one up and take a chance.:s0131:

I just bought one of these from NW Armory (NW Armory, Portland, OR Premier Gun Shop since 1992) so that I could economically improve my Glock 23 accuracy.

I have noticed from other on-line postings that people either love or are very frustrated with this weapon depending on when it was manufactured. To put my results in the proper context, my s/n is AAD***.

The accompanying manual is poorly written. I recommend the following:

• Immediately after purchase, field strip the weapon and lubricate the slide rails with lithium grease, and the barrel with a light coating of Hoppe's Lubricating Oil.
  • The first 200 rounds fired during the manufacture's recommended break in period should be CCI Mini-Mag 22 LR Copper Plated Round Nose 40 gr.. The evidence on the internet is overwhelming that this weapon is finicky with regard to ammunition used and results obtained.
  • Field strip and clean the weapon after the first 200 rounds. Note that the weapon does not appear to like typical gun solvents (Hoppe's Semi-Auto Solvent). After one cleaning, the finish on the interior of my slide began to peal. Again, lubricate the slide rails with lithium grease, and the barrel with a light coating of Hoppe's Lubricating Oil.

Ammo results thus far:
  • Federal 36 Grain Copper-Plated Hollow Point: 72% round firing without problem, 25% Feed/Extraction Error, 3% round firing failure.
  • CCI Mini-Mag 22 LR Copper Plated Round Nose 40 gr.: 97% round firing without problem, 2% Feed/Extraction Error, 1% round firing failure.

Overall, this is an inexpensive way to build chop quickly and inexpensively for your Glock. I'll keep you posted on my success with better quality ammunition.

Regards,

- MS

01/11/11 - Updated field report. I focused on maintaining a firm grip, and error rate on Federal 36 Grain Copper-Plated Hollow Point improved dramatically: 95% round firing without problem, 5% Feed/Extraction Error, 0% round firing failure. Keep the slide rails well lubricated with lithium grease, allow for a sufficient break-in period, and maintain a proper grip and you will be very satisfied with the results!
[/LIST]

Last Edited:
The conversions are hard to come by and I think the wait is 6 months. I starting to lean toward a Ruger that will eat anything. I missed 2 on this board already and one was in my town. :s0054:

I got mine here in Dallas for $249 OTD. LGS had a few of them. Mine is an AAF (later) one. Worked perfectly. First time out, I fired 300 Mini-Mags. One failure to fire. A solid strike, so that one may have been a dud. This one fits my Glock 30 holster perfectly. I did file the RH decocker lever off, however. A fun little plinker. Mine shoots a tight group high left, so next time out I'll work on the sights.

Personally, I like it better than the GSG-1911, that I solf off after getting this one.

I purchased mine for $260.00.

I have a couple of follow up thoughts to some of the comments posted above. First, let me disclose that I am new to the shooting sports, so I am by no means an expert.

One of the gentlemen above recommended the Ruger Mark III. I actually was about to purchase that weapon (seriously, the credit card was on the counter!) when I mentioned to the salesman that the objective for purchasing a 22L semi-automatic was to improve my accuracy on my Glock 23 at a greatly reduced operating cost. The salesman directed me to the ISSC M22 because it feels like a Glock. The salesman did an excellent job of matching his product to my specific need.

That said, my next purchase will very likely be a Ruger Mark III (Target, Hunter, or Competition Model) that I would like to use in amateur competition. With the exception of its difficulty to field strip, it is an excellent weapon and the 22/45 models are to the 1911 what the ISSC M22 is to the Glock. Again, I have a specific job in mind for the tool selected.

With regard to conversion kits for your Glock, one of the Range Officers at my gun range (http://www.tcgc.org/) thought the ISSC M22 was a better purchase decision. He told me that my investment was very likely less than a conversion, and that he had lost count of the frustrated folks that he had seen on the range because the conversion kit just didn't work like the original weapon. Lot's of variables could account for the frustration he has witnessed, but I just have to wonder if the designer of my Glock 23 really was concerned if the weapon would operate well if 22L was being fired? I tend to be a "purist" in a number of things I approach in life (why put chocolate syrup on vanilla ice cream when vanilla ice cream is good enough to stand on its own?), so my personal bias is use each tool for its intended purpose.

One final thought on the high failure rate I experienced using the Federal ammunition. I may have been partially to blame here. I experienced a fair number of "stovepipes". Additional research indicated that this may be caused when the shooter does not have a firm grip on the weapon. In effect, energy that should be used to eject the old round is transferred to your wrist that when limp, acts like a shock absorber. I'll perform that test again and pay attention to my grip.

Regards,

- MS

The glock clone has a painted, unpolished feed ramp. That's never a good start. I expect that if someone had a PROFESSIONAL polish the feed ramp properly, it would do a world of good...

I puchased one of these 2 days ago 260.00 serial # AAB (most issues seemed to be with the AAA first editions) took it out today all I could find at wally world was the CCI stinger hollow points. so I got 150 rnds. I also brought 50 rnds of thunderbolt, and 100 rnds of blazer bulk.oddly enough the CCI was the worst of the bunch FTF,FTE,FTF,3 stoves. the thunderbolt was 2nd best with 3 FTFs out of the 50 rnds,(good strike on rim hard to blame pistol for that). Bulk blazer was the winner 100 rnds no failures what so ever. this thing is a blast to shoot once you figure out what it likes to eat. I do believe once it loosens up it should eat nearly everything, but I will probably stick with the blazer bulk (cheap and works well). so far win.

They had them at whole sale sports on sale for $229. I was down on cash at the time so I did not bite. I feel the only set back is the mags. $30 each from what I hear.

I bought an Advantage Arms conversion kit for my G17L after looking at the ISSC. There is quite a bit of negative press out there on these pistols & even CDNN is blowing them out for less than $200 right now.