JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
WAC GUN SHOW CANCELLED - It's at the bottom of this column. Weather!!!!

Issa subpoenas Phoenix DOJ official over Fast & Furious

LAS VEGAS — A top official with the U.S. Attorney’s office in Phoenix, AZ who has repeatedly declined to voluntarily testify to Congressional investigators about Operation Fast and Furious has been subpoenaed, according to the office of Congressman Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

<broken link removed>

Good job Dave, by that I mean going to the SHOT show in Vegas while Seattle gets buried. :s0155:

WELL, I did it just for you, pookie.
:s0114:

And here's something red hot to melt the Friday ice:

Fast & Furious follow-up: Cunningham to take Fifth

LAS VEGAS — Fox News has reported, and this column has confirmed that Patrick J. Cunningham, chief of the Criminal Division of the U.S. Attorney’s office in Phoenix, will invoke his right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment…

<broken link removed>

Due to 5th Amendment protections, he has a right to refuse to answer questions about his own personal decisions and actions, that may affect his personal guilt or innocence.

But does the 5thA allow him to refuse to answer questions about those he worked with during this debacle?
Questions about what info was sent to him? Sent to those working along side of him? And when?
Conversations and/or correspondence he had with his superiors?

Can he be legally compelled, under threat of contempt, to reveal what he knows about other's involvement?

"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

Read more: 5th Amendment

He's not being charged in a criminal case at this time is he? Isn't it more of a government employee being called on the carpet to answer for his actions?

How can someone in a decision making position not be answerable for his actions? At the end of the day he's just an employee. If I tried pleading the fifth when my boss is pissed off at something I did I'm pretty sure I'd be canned.

He has repeatedly declined to voluntarily testify to Congressional investigators about Operation Fast and Furious and has been subpoenaed and will invoke his right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment...

Jimmy Hoffa Senior and others have sat before commitees and pleaded the Fifth oven and over as each question was ask. In my opinion he is scared and stalling for time against what will be his demise with the others.

But Hoffa was a citizen and testifying as such. You'd think someone who is a paid employee who is being Held accountable for his actions by his bosses would have slightly different rules applied.

The law is the law, fine. From a practical standpoint it seems like a counterproductive way to get stuff done and seems *** backwards.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top