Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

ISIS using Obama supplied gear/weapons

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by erudne, Sep 8, 2014.

1. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

ISIS Using Weapons Obama Gave To Syrian Rebels, Clearly Marked “Property of US Govt”…
    article-2725040-20871AB500000578-441_634x587-486x450.jpg
    Another brilliant move by Obama.
    (AFP) – Islamic State fighters appear to be using captured US military issue arms and weapons supplied to moderate rebels in Syria by Saudi Arabia, according to a report published on Monday.
    The study by the London-based small-arms research organisation Conflict Armament Research documented weapons seized by Kurdish forces from militants in Iraq and Syria over a 10-day period in July.
    The report said the jihadists disposed of “significant quantities” of US-made small arms including M16 assault rifles and included photos showing the markings “Property of US Govt”.
    It also found that anti-tank rockets used by IS in Syria were “identical to M79 rockets transferred by Saudi Arabia to forces operating under the Free Syrian Army umbrella in 2013″

2. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

The Operation Zero Footprint/Benghazi attack cover-up is unwinding like a cheap watch

Title 18, USC, Section 241- Conspiracy Against Rights. Here is the important language of this law: “This statute makes it unlawful for two or more persons to conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person of any state, territory or district in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him/her by the Constitution or the laws of the United States, (or because of his/her having exercised the same). Punishment varies from a fine or imprisonment of up to ten years, or both.”
    Lock em all up and throw away the key

SIG383 and PiratePast40 like this.
  3. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

When IS forces over run Iraqi military bases and FSA outpost we stocked they are going to use the weapons they find. Not at all shocking, a rebel army is a resourceful army. The Iraqi army has done more to supply IS with better weapons by retreating then anyone has done by selling to them. More then small arms I've seen pics in the MSM of them rolling in up armored Humvee's. The whole country is backwards with the president firing the US trained generals and other in charge and appointing buddies to their rolls. I expect Afghanistan to do the same which saddens me for all of our guys and gals who gave their lives to those countries.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    Stomper and Sgt Nambu like this.
  4. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

Help me understand this situation:
    1. We sent weapons to Mexico . . . Fast and Furious . . . Which are used against our people
    2. ISIS, or better said ISIL is using our weapons . . . Ditto, eventually against us
    3. The emperor wants to disarm U S citizens . . .

Question: Are Mexico, ISIL, and the emperor joining forces against U S citizens??

Sheldon

Stomper and Caveman Jim like this.
  5. JRuby

JRuby St. Helens Oregon Well-Known Member

During WWII, Nazi's used captured T34 tanks, does that mean Stalin was supplying Hitler with tanks? I think your conclusions are fallacy.

3MTA3 likes this.
  6. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

At this point, it DOES make a difference!

7. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

So aside from the weapons stolen from iraq, a-stan, somolia, etc, etc
    We have also given countless arms to syria, egypt, yemen, armed countries and rebels.
    It's only a matter of time before one of our surface to air missiles takes down a US military plane/helo or worse a commercial airliner.
    We have not only had horrible accountability for our weapons, but given excessively to countries that either support terrorism or are terroists themselves.

Just wait until terrorists walk though surface to air missiles across the texas border and hangout outside major airports

8. albin25

albin25 Lewiston Idaho Well-Known Member

Terrorists don't need to smuggle anything they require INTO the US, all they need is to just get themselves over the border. What they need is plentiful, cheap and available pretty much everywhere here.
    The likelihood of them using commercial aircraft on a large scale is fairly slim (they like soft targets) and unnecessary now that our big cities are full of sympathizers that own apartments and offices in busy areas.
    Imagine the downtowns of Boston, NYC, Philly L.A., Seattle, Denver, Houston, San Diego, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Chicago, Akron, all with several synchronized, high-rise detonations of even simple diesel/fert. devices, spreading anything from toxins to radioactive waste.
    Follow that up with just one or two ball bearing explosions at a couple of big shopping centers followed by threats of more on the way, will cause retail sales to dry up for a long, long time.
    (Mall of America is a prime target in a city that has already developed a Jihadi Export industry)

Heck, a couple of M80's and a few bags of flour popping off on the roof tops or window sills of tall buildings would shut down most large downtown areas for days, and will spook people away from malls for years.

Oh, so if Minneapolis HQ'd "Target Stores" hasn't thought about a name change...they might want to start.

9. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

This is just history repeating its self over and over.

You all remember al-Qaeda right? The guys who originated in the Soviet war in Afghanistan? The ones that We trained and equipped during the late 70s and all through the 80s? (Go check out Charlie Wilson's War, the book not the movie. Well either makes the point.)

The US trained most of the people in the very tactics which al-Qaeda was and is using against us in Afghanistan.

So here we are again, either giving weapons to those we THINK our on our side, only to find out a year or two later they aren't. Or they are capturing the weapons as they capture posts where we supplied weapons.

Either way, why are we there again? Historically speaking the US has never been all that great at picking sides in conflicts. We always end up messing it up. I'm just tired of us repeating the same mistakes over and over. If we want to 'win' a war, lets go to war. None of this messing around. Overwhelming force, kill'em all. Then once everything is destroyed walk way and let which ever god they worship sort it out. No politically correct crap. This is war, not a Monday night football game. There are no rules. There is a side that wins, and ... Oh, right nothing else. Otherwise, lets get the hell out of there and them figure it all out on their own.

In the end, it concerns me that we will wind up with another attack on US soil by yet another group we trained and equipped.

What is they say about the road to hell?

10. erudne

Operation Zero Footprint- impeach Obama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tDcRue48zpE&list=WL

Title 18, USC, Section 241- Conspiracy Against Rights. Here is the important language of this law: “This statute makes it unlawful for two or more persons to conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person of any state, territory or district in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him/her by the Constitution or the laws of the United States, (or because of his/her having exercised the same).

11. erudne

Charlie Wilson was a Democrat who violated the US Constitution (and made a hero for it, to suck oxygen from Regan) The Democrats have waged a war against America since Wilson but we are now near the end game. "Moderate Rebels is a term created by Obama, truth always comes out:
    A spokesman for the family of murdered journalist Steven Sotloff claimed Monday night that Sotloff was sold to the terrorist group the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) by Syria’s “so-called moderate rebels.”
    Sotloff family spokesman Barak Barfi, a foreign policy research fellow at the New American Foundation, made the startling claim in an interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper.
    “We believe that these so-called moderate rebels that people want our administration to support, one of them sold him probably for something between $25,000 and $50,000 to ISIS and that was the reason he was captured,” Barfi said. (RELATED: Expert Who Traveled With Syrian Rebels Says So-Called ‘Moderates’ Are Muslim Brotherhood-Style Islamists)
    Asked how he knows this, Barfi referred to sources he and the Sotloff family have “on the ground.”
    Barfi then turned his ire toward the Obama administration for making “a number of inaccurate statements.”
    “They’ve said that the families have been consistently and regularly informed. That is not true,” he claimed. “I speak now only from the Sotloff family. I can’t speak for the other families. They said that these hostages were moved frequently. We know that for most of the beginning of part of this year they were stationary. We know that the intelligence community and the White House are enmeshed in a larger game of bureaucratic infighting and [murdered journalist] Jim [Foley] and Steve are pawns in that game and that’s not fair.”
    Barfi even threatened to reveal more damning information about the Obama administration’s handling of the situation if the administration didn’t stop leaking details of Sotloff’s captivity to the press.
    “If there continues to be leaks, the Sotloff family will have to speak out to set the record straight,” he said
    Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/08/sotloff-family-spokesman-syrias-so-called-moderate-rebels-sold-sotloff-to-isis/#ixzz3CpiLCnUD

Sotloff was an Israeli Jew

12. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

When we left Iraq thousands of m 16s were left in a warehouse in Kuwait. They were all stolen.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  13. JRuby

So when was an active war zone safe? You live by the sword there is a really good chance you are going to die by it. Sotloff made his living reporting on the war in Syria - maybe he should have considered the risks.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  14. Just Jim

:D I am thinking we need Geraldo over there to figure things out.:D

15. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

J
    When I was young and made an especially stupid statement my father would look at me disparaginly and say:
    "You talk like a man with a wooden head!"

Sheldon

Caveman Jim likes this.
  16. JRuby

You know what I am talking about then.
    My opinion of Obama has changed over time, negatively, however I do not believe even he would be so bold with the primary purpose of arming enemies for the purpose of attacking the united states - that may be an after effect of being in war around the world and having different allies in different fronts. It certainly is not his primary goal and I don't believe that it was ever his intent.

James

17. erudne

In that light how do you explain IRS and EPA targeting of concertives starting in the 1st month of the Obama Admin. Fast and Furious, Open Borders, Military and financial support of MB and Hammas, allowing the slaughter of 1000s of Christians, Boston Bombing, Ft Hood Shooting, The slaughter of Seal Team 6 followed by appointing a Imam as the Chaplin at the funeral, Trading 5 Terrorists for Bergdhal, one who now runs ISIS and celebrating with the Bergdhal Fmily letting the father speak at the WH about Islam, Denying the Sotlov family a single briefing, their ONE request, and then leaving to golf, 6 minutes after announcing the beheading. The Apology Tour, bowing to the Saudi King, Kissing Chavez, cowering before Putin and much much, more?

Caveman Jim likes this.
  18. JRuby

I explain Fast and Furious on the ignorance and illegal actions of our administration - I find it a reach that the intent of F&F was so that someone would attack the United States. I also believe that our boarders are in no way any different than they have been for the last 20 years. If this is true then if Obama is guilty of negligence, the last 20 or 30 years of presidents are also guilty of negligence.

BY the way I don't support the action of F&F by this administration.

19. JRuby

[
    QUOTE="erudne, post: 1149318, member: 19598"]In that light how do you explain IRS and EPA targeting of concertives starting in the 1st month of the Obama Admin. Fast and Furious, Open Borders, Military and financial support of MB and Hammas, allowing the slaughter of 1000s of Christians, Boston Bombing, Ft Hood Shooting, The slaughter of Seal Team 6 followed by appointing a Imam as the Chaplin at the funeral, Trading 5 Terrorists for Bergdhal, one who now runs ISIS and celebrating with the Bergdhal Fmily letting the father speak at the WH about Islam, Denying the Sotlov family a single briefing, their ONE request, and then leaving to golf, 6 minutes after announcing the beheading. The Apology Tour, bowing to the Saudi King, Kissing Chavez, cowering before Putin and much much, more?[/QUOTE]

You asked the questions I answered them with my opinion, also not everything that happens is Obama's fault however the favor I found in him has now faded and I am looking forward to the next President. I hope it is a Republican that I can support.

In that light how do you explain IRS and EPA targeting of conservatives starting in the 1st month of the Obama Admin. If this was done to liberals - you guys would be cheering and dancing. I consider this dirty politics and as such certainly nothing new.

Fast and Furious - covered

Open Borders - covered

Military and financial support of MB and Hammas, allowing the slaughter of 1000s of Christians, - can you please put this in context - was this because of the war with Syria - excuse me police action? If so then you need to determine which enemy is the greatest threat or be willing to commit our own troops into the mess. Secondly just because your a christian does not add special favor - maybe with God but not in the real world. So unless they were Americans or allies I dont really care and see it as no threat to the the US.

Ft Hood Shooting - yeah like Obama planned that one

The slaughter of Seal Team 6 followed by appointing a Imam as the Chaplin at the funeral - let em see there were 38 people that died when a helicopter in country was shot down by terrorists of which 28 were seal team six members - Imagine that a military helicopter being a target in a WAR ZONE . Where I pin the blame on Obama / his administration is that an Imam should never have been let into or at the funeral and especially to proceed over it. To me that is an insult. I am sorry for those mens families but in war there are casualties and to me this is only one example of the costs of war.

Boston Bombing - yeah like Obama planned that one

Trading 5 Terrorists for Bergdhal, one who now runs ISIS and celebrating with the Bergdhal Fmily letting the father speak at the WH about Islam. I dont know the game plan here or why other than to attribute it to bringing our military men home. I feel that this is the one area where Obama cold create a real problem and cost many men thier lives. If it was me I would have infected those five terrorists and had them take a little surprise home with them. I can almost agree with you here.

Denying the Sotlov family a single briefing, their ONE request, and then leaving to golf, 6 minutes after announcing the beheading. I dont think the Sotlof family had any special rights - what were they going to tell them - your son that has chosen to be a war time reporter has been captured by the enemy and is likely to be beheaded by them - he chose to be there and make his living off from being there - you dont think that being a combat reporter is a dangerous job?

The Apology Tour, bowing to the Saudi King, Kissing Chavez, cowering before Putin and much much, more?
    Yes by all means make the US an isolationist country - I actually support that train of thought - quit being the worlds policeman. Yes this is a failing of the president and I dont support him here but I also dont feel that this is an example of asking our country to be attacked.

I know you dislike the president - it is amazingly clear. I am not crazy about Obama myself at the moment. I have lost my job, I have a failed business but I cannot attribute everything that goes wrong to Obama any more than I can attribute the sun rising in the east each morning to him. Yes he has made mistakes that has impacted this country, positively and negatively. Name me one president that hasn't.

20. Just Jim

J, how many times did you vote for obama?:D

Caveman Jim and Redcap like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.