Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ishapore 2A 7.62 Nato Enfield

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by submarine al, Nov 26, 2013.

1. submarine al

submarine al NW Oregon, Hillsboro Member

Make/Model: Ishapore 2A .308 Enfield (7.62 Nato)
    Asking:
    First Rifle: SOLD
    Second Rifle: No Longer for sale

Gun Description:
    I have two Indian Ishapore 2A .308 Enfields which shoot the readily available 7.62 Nato. These rifles are a great way to enjoy shooting Old surplus Enfields with readily available good ‘ol USA Ammo.
    Both Rifles have great shiny, mirror Bores with little apparent wear – they are pretty famous for being carried a lot and shot little. The wood is typical of the Indian Ishapores with several arsenal repairs. The second rifle has a rougher stock and more repairs which is why I’m asking a little less for that one. They are both good shooters.

Some Info from Wikipedia on The Ishy 2A:
    “The Rifle 7.62mm 2A/2A1 (also known as the Ishapore 2A/2A1) is a 7.62mm NATO (7.62×51) calibre bolt-action rifle adopted as a reserve arm by the Indian Armed Forces in 1963. The design of the rifle - initially the Rifle 7.62mm 2A - began at the Ishapore Rifle Factory of the Ordnance Factories Board in India, soon after the Sino-Indian War of 1962.
    The Ishapore 2A/2A1 has the distinction of being the last bolt-action rifle designed to be used by a regular military force other than specialized sniper rifles. Due to fluctuating supplies of affordable .303 British ammunition, the Ishapore rifles are becoming increasingly popular with civilian shooters and collectors in Australia, United Kingdom and the United States.
    Externally the Ishapore 2A/2A1 rifle was based upon (and is almost identical to) the .303 British calibre SMLE Mk III* rifle, with the exception of the distinctive “square” (10 or 12 round) magazine and the use of the buttplate from the 1A (Indian version of the FN FAL) rifle……The Ishapore 2A and 2A1 rifles are often incorrectly described as ".308 conversions". In fact, the 2A/2A1 rifles are not conversions of .303 calibre SMLE Mk III* rifles: they were designed and built right from the outset to fire 7.62mm NATO ammunition…..”​

Local face to face sales only to Oregon residents or FFL holders who can legally own firearms. Prior to closing the sale I will ask to see identification in the form of a state ID (ODL) or CHL or FFL. This model is 03FFL CnR eligible if you have one. We will do a private party bill of sale. Payment in cash, Sorry I’m not looking for trades on this item. This item is sold As Is. As with any used firearm, it’s recommended that a competent gunsmith inspect it before firing. Thank you.

P1010208.jpg

P1010212.jpg

P1010220.jpg

P1010228.jpg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  2. submarine al

Price Drop, buy yourself a 7.62 Nato Christmas:cool:

3. Mongo1

Mongo1 Santiam Canyon Active Member

Trade?

4. submarine al

Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas

Looking for Cash right now, thanks for the interest.

Anyone else?

Didn't get what you wanted for Christmas?
    Did your friends and family leave you alone to hit the after Christmas sales?

Time to buy yourself a nice new (to you) rifle!

SA

5. JAKimberling

JAKimberling Renton, Wa Member

Crap been looking for an Ishapore for months now!!! Darn state lines!!!!!

6. cascadianliberty2012

cascadianliberty2012 DPR Portland Well-Known Member

I got one of these on here from someone else. Great gun. Problem is that it comes covered in that cheap, garbage black paint, which just flakes off and causes problems (why the bolt is painted is beyond me). I stripped it all off, but keep in mind that there is little bluing on these. So you'll probably have to invest in that too. I'm gonna do that soon myself...

7. submarine al

Yes, both of these rifles come with the original Indian black finish which is typical shape for the imports of the last 10 years.

The choice to on whether or not to undergo the process of refinishing metal (or wood) is up to the buyer. Many people do, and there are many references on the internet on the methods and benefits of refinishing the rifle and/or removing the finish. Many others do not and choose to leave them as they are as part of the rifles history and collect-ability. The rifles are fun and collectible shooters either way.

8. Chall49983

Chall49983 Silverton, OR New Member

I will offer you $400 cash for both. I live in Silverton, I can drive up today and meet you. It's my anniversary and my wife is being generous right now. I have a narrow window here my friend. Do we have a deal?
    503 871 7314

9. submarine al

Happy Anniversary Mr Chall49983. You must have a keeper for a Mrs. if she gives you New years eve passes to buy rifles.
    Im asking $290 and $230 respectively for the rifles. Check out some dealers, auction sites, and gun shows and you'll see that is a fair price.

Happy New year,
    SA

Best regards.

10. Chall49983

Chall49983 Silverton, OR New Member

Are you selling 10 or 12 round magazines with it?

11. submarine al

Both rifles include a matching 12 round magazine. I do not have any spare magazines.

Happy new year

SA

12. submarine al

Sold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.