JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The problem is that in our society we have this movement towards social Marxism and as a result the "average" is being dragged down ever closer to the "worst."

For example, a large portion of the gender pay gap can be explained by jobs with negotiable salaries: men are far more likely to try and negotiate for higher pay when the possibility for it exists. Equal opportunity isn't good enough though. So people demand equal outcomes instead, so some businesses have done away with salary negotiation entirely. So no one rises up; the men and the women who do have the initiative to negotiate higher pay all got dragged down instead.

The same exact principle applies to these infants in our colleges: because one person gets upset by something, no else can have it. Because one person can't handle a bad grade, let's do away with grading. Because some man-baby can't handle a debate on a controversial topic, let's not have debates anymore. Heck I've heard Australian comedian Jim Jefferies used this line of reasoning to argue against the 2nd Amendment, literally saying society needs to move at the pace of its slowest members, its weakest links... As a result, since the worst among us cannot own guns responsibly, no one else should be allowed to either.

I think that's the direction in which the wind is blowing.

If you think you can reduce Cultural Marxism down to the belief that everyone should conform to the LCD, you have a lot of reading to do.

As to the rest.... picture this:

You have a black granite square block sitting on a huge concrete pad. The size of the block doesn't really matter, but for imagery sake... let's say its volume is 100'x100'x100'. It's one big bubblegum mother bubblegumin' piece of stone, man. It's been sitting there since somewhere around the dawn of the industrial revolution. Many men have walked up to it and pushed. Obviously a man can't move something weighing thousands of tons. So other men have organized whole groups of men to help try to push... still nothing. So as time has gone on, great thinkers have sat in lawn chairs in front of the square contemplating and theorizing and even testing ways to get this thing to move. Finally, somewhere around the 50's and 60's, enough people put their heads together and efforts together and built engines and scaffolding and all together gave one tremendous heave.... SKOOT... they moved it 3/8ths of an inch! Everyone celebrated for a couple of decades... spurred by success, even more people jumped in and put their heads to the task of scooting the thing again, maybe even farther this time... and over the course of the next 60 or so years, it's been scooted 10 or 11 times, for a total of 1.85" of travel. Nobody ever thought the stupid thing could be moved, but we've done it.

Unfortunately, not all of that 1.85" of travel has been in the same direction... most of it has, but some of it has actually been in the OPPOSITE direction, back toward whence it came. There are some old guys over on the other side of the block. Mostly they just prevent forward movement of the block, but every once in a while they actually have an idea, and can get the thing to scoot a little back the other direction.

Fortunately, they are dying. And every year there's less and less of these anachronistic douchies blocking forward progress.

But still.... the block has only been moved 1.85"

The block is your status quo.

The 1.85" is all the difference your observations above make on the world.

That is all. :)

As someone from the much-maligned millennial generation, I can say from my perspective it's probably much worse than the OP's article suggests. It's gotten to the point that comedians (and not some sort of horrifically obscene underground types but mainstream ones like Seinfeld) can't perform at colleges campuses because everyone is offended by everything. There was a report not long ago of students apparently being so offended by a debate hosted at their college that the college admin had to set up a "safe space" with pillows, blankets, cookies, coloring books, play-doh, and videos of puppies. We got people who claim to have gotten PTSD from people being mean to them on Twitter. It starts from a very young age, I have friends with school-aged children who tell me some teachers no longer correct spelling or grammar lest they discourage students from writing. We are doomed.

Good God man, WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!o_O:eek::eek::eek:

:(:(
OMG... In Germany my unit had this one guy we nick-named, "The Brick" (as in... dumb as). He actually embraced it and got it put on T-shirts to wear... LOL

I will say though, out of a whole Battalion me and him were only 2 of 3 that that could actually qualify on the M60 machinegun marksmanship targets (anyon else remember those beathes for targets?!)... and he scored the highest.

We had a kid we called Gravel Puppy! 'Cause he was as smart as a box of gravel and cute as a puppy. We often told him that he was cut out to be a big hero. Because if a grenade landed amongst us he would be the one we tossed on it! Saving the whole gun crew! He really liked that!:(

We had one.... Dykehouse was his name. bubblegum you not. bubblegumed from day one, stupid or not.... but he was stupid.

Poor guy Chapter 11'd.

If you think you can reduce Cultural Marxism down to the belief that everyone should conform to the LCD, you have a lot of reading to do.

Yeesh, someone feels all condescending and defensive. Do quote where I said that, though.

As to the rest.... picture this:

You have a black granite square block sitting on a huge concrete pad. The size of the block doesn't really matter, but for imagery sake... let's say its volume is 100'x100'x100'. It's one big bubblegum mother bubblegumin' piece of stone, man. It's been sitting there since somewhere around the dawn of the industrial revolution. Many men have walked up to it and pushed. Obviously a man can't move something weighing thousands of tons. So other men have organized whole groups of men to help try to push... still nothing. So as time has gone on, great thinkers have sat in lawn chairs in front of the square contemplating and theorizing and even testing ways to get this thing to move. Finally, somewhere around the 50's and 60's, enough people put their heads together and efforts together and built engines and scaffolding and all together gave one tremendous heave.... SKOOT... they moved it 3/8ths of an inch! Everyone celebrated for a couple of decades... spurred by success, even more people jumped in and put their heads to the task of scooting the thing again, maybe even farther this time... and over the course of the next 60 or so years, it's been scooted 10 or 11 times, for a total of 1.85" of travel. Nobody ever thought the stupid thing could be moved, but we've done it.

Unfortunately, not all of that 1.85" of travel has been in the same direction... most of it has, but some of it has actually been in the OPPOSITE direction, back toward whence it came. There are some old guys over on the other side of the block. Mostly they just prevent forward movement of the block, but every once in a while they actually have an idea, and can get the thing to scoot a little back the other direction.

Fortunately, they are dying. And every year there's less and less of these anachronistic douchies blocking forward progress.

But still.... the block has only been moved 1.85"

The block is your status quo.

The 1.85" is all the difference your observations above make on the world.

That is all. :)

Ham-fisted parables are best left to Sunday school teachers; we have to look at the observable results from the direction in which we are moving. If the future belongs to this generation:

...then the granite block should've been left where it sat some time ago.

Yeesh, someone feels all condescending and defensive. Do quote where I said that, though.

Ham-fisted parables are best left to Sunday school teachers; we have to look at the observable results from the direction in which we are moving. If the future belongs to this generation:

That looks like a quarter of the kids that go to my Daughter's School. Many of the parents are similar.
I'm absolutely convinced most of them are only gender bending to be cool and achieve victim status.
It probably makes their day if they get a reaction out of some old Hank Hill type.

Sometimes I think surely plenty of them will grow out of it but then I see 30+ year olds who are still not functional adults. A friend of mine who is about the same age (actually a couple years older) is struggling with the dating scene. Says it's a rare thing to find someone in our age group that has decent-paying job, a car, etc.

I could only make it 1:30 into the Vid, It's more a homage to special snowflakes than a political statement

Exactly. Being vulgar, screaming and telling everyone to go f#%k themselves isn't a great way to make a political statement. Sure, you'll probably coerce some folks to back down, but you likely won't be winning many true converts to your side. More likely just folks who will appease you for a time to try and get you to shut up.

But push it too far for too long be you may find the tide didn't really shift in your direction as far as you thought. And in time, they may start pushing back. Probably best to be certain you're prepared for what you may get when you are up in people's faces. It's one thing to be a blowhard online, not so much in the real world.

Sometimes I think surely plenty of them will grow out of it but then I see 30+ year olds who are still not functional adults. A friend of mine who is about the same age (actually a couple years older) is struggling with the dating scene. Says it's a rare thing to find someone in our age group that has decent-paying job, a car, etc.

Then your "friend" must be hanging out with some real tools. I really think that the majority of kids in that age range have it together. I have 5 kids in the 29 to 32 age bracket. They all have decent paying jobs, good vehicles, 4 marriages and 5 kids between them. Their peer group seems to be the same way, and I have a fair amount of contact with that group as well.

Out of their huge group of friends or school mates, I can only think of about 5 or so that are complete losers, with no jobs, dope dealers, no cars etc. My only unmarried son at 32 is finding it harder to find a quality gal. Lots of bed warmers but nothing worth keeping around.

So if your friends friends are with out a job, transportation and living in Moms basement, then I can see where he might be unable to relate to successful thirty some things.

Bear in mind, there are also other cards in play in some cases... my mother had major medical issues come up while I was in college whereI had to put any career-planning on hold and step in as long-term caregiver, and to this day I'm stuck with limited prospects because of having her care needs to deal with.

I know, I'm an odd case, but not everybody stuck with relatives into their 30s is "living rent-free in mom's basement"--in my case, the only way anything gets done around the house or getting the checks for the bills mailed is because *I'm* the one who makes it happen right down to making sure she has an ample stock of adult diapers on-hand.

That video just made me throw up in my mouth!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
Who in their right minds can raise children to be like this??? OMG!!!!!:eek::eek::eek: WE ARE DOOMED!!!

Then your "friend" must be hanging out with some real tools. I really think that the majority of kids in that age range have it together. I have 5 kids in the 29 to 32 age bracket. They all have decent paying jobs, good vehicles, 4 marriages and 5 kids between them. Their peer group seems to be the same way, and I have a fair amount of contact with that group as well.

Out of their huge group of friends or school mates, I can only think of about 5 or so that are complete losers, with no jobs, dope dealers, no cars etc. My only unmarried son at 32 is finding it harder to find a quality gal. Lots of bed warmers but nothing worth keeping around.

So if your friends friends are with out a job, transportation and living in Moms basement, then I can see where he might be unable to relate to successful thirty some things.

I dunno if it changes anything but this friend is a woman. She does have her act together. Perhaps it's a matter of geography and if you're not also in Portland then it could explain why she sees a larger proportion of barely-employed hipster losers than you do. It could also be my using the term "dating scene" to include dating sites and maybe that is also skewing the data. Then again, it could simply be that most everyone she would consider worthwhile is already taken by this point.

Bear in mind, there are also other cards in play in some cases... my mother had major medical issues come up while I was in college whereI had to put any career-planning on hold and step in as long-term caregiver, and to this day I'm stuck with limited prospects because of having her care needs to deal with.

I know, I'm an odd case, but not everybody stuck with relatives into their 30s is "living rent-free in mom's basement"--in my case, the only way anything gets done around the house or getting the checks for the bills mailed is because *I'm* the one who makes it happen right down to making sure she has an ample stock of adult diapers on-hand.

It is awesome that you stepped up to the plate and took charge to care for a family member. Kudos!!!!
I too had a time I had to do the same thing, it was challenging but I owed it to them to be there for them.

Thanks--the rub is I may have allowed it to go too far; as it is, I have to remind her regularly that "I'm not your personal June Cleaver and I had to give up whatever chance of living independently I may have had for you."

You are not an odd case, you are a man of character. And my assumptions are not applied to those in your situation. Being a long term care giver in your 30's is a huge challenge and would hardly put anybody in the slacker label. My parents lived on my property in a manufactured home for 6 years and 9 years. They were of little means and it was my duty to provide a rent free home and care for as long as I could. With school age children and demanding bosses at the time it was a challenge.

My jabs were at the able bodied reasonably educated people who need to get a clue about their lives. The ones who have no family responsibilities, no parental care concerns, and who are merely living for the next drinking week end. I figured out when I was about 22 or so that I needed to get headed the right way in a career, take a good look at the young ladies I was seeing and get my life headed the right way.

You need to make sure you have time for yourself. Elder care is a draining thing. I have taken steps to make sure that burden never falls on my family members.

You are to be commended for what you do.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top