JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, and that's the game that the Mental Health Prohibitionists won't tell you... once you get a pshrink's eye, they can see anything they want just like when they have us look at a Rorschach Inkblot.

Once we start denying firearms rights to the "less than perfect", what other rights can be taken from them? The vote? The right to make their own decisions and contracts? Even the basic right to their own LIVES? Once you open up the Pandora's Box of designating somebody "second-class" or "Untermensch"...
Slippery slope allright but I think a minimum standard could be agreed on by all like attempted suicide or similar stuff.

Could be. I can't say you're wrong.

I personally feel like we haven't reached an equilibrium in society with this stuff yet. Until we do, unfortunately, it's going to be speshul to be special, and stuff that's part of normal adolescent confusion is going to be confused with being gay. Or bi. Or trans. Or tri. Or whatever the bubblegum else is going to come up in the near future.

But there's also a lot of legitimately gender-confused people out there. The social constraints that bound them to the gender their penis or vagina assigned them are dissolving. We can look forward to a lot more gender ambiguity as our species evolves in the coming decades and centuries. I suspect in 100 years, we won't even really identify as male or female anymore.
Until then we may have to put up with unconventional drills like this in the Army.
Sorry I couldn't resist!:D

Right, clear objective benchmarks with Due Process of Law and a process for restoration not subject to withholding of funds like how Congress refuses to fund the legislated Federal process of felon right-restoration and shut it down that way.

lolz..

I suspect the military is gonna go full-coed much sooner than the rest of society. Same uniforms, same haircuts, same everything. And I think that makes the most sense.... if for no other reason than to prevent any issues with dudes trying to put on chick uniforms.

It's cool to have "gender issues" or be gay in School nowadays. Almost celebrated in the Eugene Springfield area.
I'm thinking a lot of kids are faking it for attention.

Or...for dismissal insurance. The ultimate innoculation; pose as a member of one or more of the protected "groups"...

I never considered the soldiers in my outfits, who were diagnosed with Asperger syndrom, to be any less proficient, patriotic, or trustworthy. A lot of race-cards being played though.

But will we still own firearms 100 years from now?
upload_2015-10-12_19-28-13.png

Back in the 80s when I was in, everywhere I was stationed had a few guys that pretty obviously had some form of Mental Retardation. Don't know how they slipped through or passed certain tests but I'm talking worse than Forest Gump.
I'm convinced Recruiters cheated to meet quotas.

Mild psychological problems? Everyone has them I'm convinced.

OMG... In Germany my unit had this one guy we nick-named, "The Brick" (as in... dumb as). He actually embraced it and got it put on T-shirts to wear... LOL

I will say though, out of a whole Battalion me and him were only 2 of 3 that that could actually qualify on the M60 machinegun marksmanship targets (anyone else remember those beatches for targets?!)... and he scored the highest. o_O

Last Edited:
I get a kick out of the people who fawn over these pussies who make such a big deal out of the college and how hard it is and how broke they are with student debt and no jobs for their Advanced Basket Weaving Liberal arts degree. Cry me a river.

While some peoples kids were binge drinking cheap beer and taking bong hits in college, 3 of my boys were tromping around Iraq and Afghanistan getting shot at by jacked up meth monkey ragheads and dodging IED's.

They came home in one piece, finished their hitches and came home. 5 years later there are 3 college degrees and multiple professional certifications finished while working full time, all own their own homes, plus 3 rentals and making no less than 65K a year apiece. Pretty damn good for the oldest being 32 and youngest 29. No college debt and they have very little tolerance for any kind of butt hurt whining by anybody. They have all pretty much moved away from their high school friends, with the exceptions of the other veterans. All of them are involved with veterans groups and give back to the community.

The boys told me that there were a lot of ****ing idiots in the Corps. I told them there were a lot in society so the Corps was no different. It can be done if they put their minds to it.

The Chinese call it the strawberry generation.
Anyone born after 1981, because they bruise easily.

I used to work for AAA in Kentucky around the University of Kentucky. I would get so mad getting calls for tires changes by college age boys.
If their girlfriends were there I would give them ish something fierce. Dang miracle I never had a complaint.

Thank you for that perspective, Oathkeeper
I gotta say.... What in the H-E-double hockey sticks is up with the dang man buns all these nerds are rocking these days..:s0125:

Get a real hair cut, cuz you look like a librarian....
Sounds about what I tell my barber when it starts getting long... "Chop this crap off, I feel like it's gonna make me turn into a damn dirty stinking hippie."

As someone from the much-maligned millennial generation, I can say from my perspective it's probably much worse than the OP's article suggests. It's gotten to the point that comedians (and not some sort of horrifically obscene underground types but mainstream ones like Seinfeld) can't perform at colleges campuses because everyone is offended by everything. There was a report not long ago of students apparently being so offended by a debate hosted at their college that the college admin had to set up a "safe space" with pillows, blankets, cookies, coloring books, play-doh, and videos of puppies. We got people who claim to have gotten PTSD from people being mean to them on Twitter. It starts from a very young age, I have friends with school-aged children who tell me some teachers no longer correct spelling or grammar lest they discourage students from writing. We are doomed.

Edit:

"safe space" article:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-need-safe-spaces-to-avoid-scary-free-speech/

PTSD from Twitter:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tter-cyberstalking-says-bit-war-veterans.html

Last Edited:
I'm willing to bet that if there were a "safe room" in the 1994 movie 'PCU' with play-doh and coloring books, we would have dismissed it as pure absurd comedy.
Now, I wouldn't be surprised if employers are eventually required to have a safe room with puppy videos.

Here ya go little Timmy your PHD, but I was never in class or passed a test.
Thats ok Timmy, what is important is that you feel successful, and special.
Now go out there and remove some livers like a good lad.
Funny ? I wish.........

When in California, I took a test for a county job had to pass by 85% to qualify. I lost the job to a Hispanic Immigrant that was here less then six month, could not speak English and got a 70%
That is because 70% was 100% for them, I sheeeet you not that was in the late 1970's and I knew then what many are learning now this is not good.

Social media allows the worst of our species to take center-stage. Don't fixate on it, gents.

Worst ≠ average.

The problem is that in our society we have this movement towards social Marxism and as a result the "average" is being dragged down ever closer to the "worst."

For example, a large portion of the gender pay gap can be explained by jobs with negotiable salaries: men are far more likely to try and negotiate for higher pay when the possibility for it exists. Equal opportunity isn't good enough though. So people demand equal outcomes instead, so some businesses have done away with salary negotiation entirely. So no one rises up; the men and the women who do have the initiative to negotiate higher pay all got dragged down instead.

The same exact principle applies to these infants in our colleges: because one person gets upset by something, no else can have it. Because one person can't handle a bad grade, let's do away with grading. Because some man-baby can't handle a debate on a controversial topic, let's not have debates anymore. Heck I've heard Australian comedian Jim Jefferies used this line of reasoning to argue against the 2nd Amendment, literally saying society needs to move at the pace of its slowest members, its weakest links... As a result, since the worst among us cannot own guns responsibly, no one else should be allowed to either.

I think that's the direction in which the wind is blowing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top