Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Is your college kid a fragile weenie?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Chalupacabra, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Chalupacabra

Chalupacabra Portland Active Member

2. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

WOOOHOOOOHOOHAHAAAAAA! That was good, tell me another one!

Seriously, this schmuck should have seen some of the girls I used to teach pistolcraft back when they were in college with me... they probably had more balls than he does. LOL

BoonDocks36 and 45alive like this.
  3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Did they leave the seat up when they were done? ;)

BoonDocks36, P7id10T and 45alive like this.
  4. Diamondback

Don't know--I don't use the ladies' room, and they were all very definitely young *ladies*. :)

What was it Freud used to say about hoplophobia? "A sign of sexual and emotional immaturity"?

5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

OH I screwed up Both my kids went US NAVY right out of high school Daughter became a kick arse Corpsman. Sicily, Iraq, Germany, New Orleans Working in field hospitals and big Military hospitals like in Germany. During training she completed a 6 mile full pack hike with a broken bone in one foot and a stress fracture in the other (2 miles that way) then almost got in trouble for arguing when she was told she had to delay training to heel. Oh she is 4'11 1/2 and 118lbs. My son became an Electronic tech on board GM Cruisers Stationed in Japan and Burke class Destroyers in the Atlantic. Nothing whimpy about climbing to the top of the mast in rough seas to work on his radar antennas. Or wrestling refueling ropes while underway. Daughter did 8 years before starting her family. She now works as a Nurse in a Pediatric clinic. My son did 10 and is working now making electrical motors for aircraft.

Never heard a whine or a peep out of either one the whole time they were in. My daughter tells me all the time how joining the NAVY was the best thing she ever did (like her joining the Navy was her idea LOL) My son was in delayed entry right after his 17th birthday he never even looked at another option.

BOTH Shoot expert and both hunt.

My son called us from Basic, I asked him how the Mind games were going. He laughed and said "Dad they should come take training from you these guys are amateurs, after growing up with you as my dad this is easy. I'm having a blast but some of the others not doing so well."

If only we had known

BoonDocks36, P7id10T, 45alive and 3 others like this.
  6. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

My kids will have been roofing for me for 4, 5, 6+ years by the time they are looking to go to college. Believe me.... nobody is ever gonna call a Beckerich boy a weanie.

I'm not giving them a dime. I haven't put one cent into college savings for them. Instead, I'm going to pay them fair wages for working for me their teenage years and probably early adulthood... Having spent my entire adult life in this industry and knowing what a smart, motivated guy can make, I have no doubts they'll each be pulling in $200-250 a day by the age of 16. We homeschool, and most, or all of them will be graduated from high school by 16, probably closer to 15 or 14 for a couple of the sharper ones.... few years of that, they should have $75-200k in the bank, each, by their early 20s. They can buy a fine advanced education if they want, bought and paid for exclusively by the sweat of their own brow, or they can keep the money and go into management positions with me. Put the money down on a nice house, or even start their own businesses... whatevs.

No entitlement-generation delusions with any Beckerich boys. I can promise you that.

45alive, Don H, Stomper and 1 other person like this.
  7. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775 Coast Range Well-Known Member

The "it takes a village" crowd has removed too much adversity from the lives of young people.....

They have taken out argument skills by removing civil discourse and demanding groupthink.

They have taken out failure by giving everyone a trophy.

They have taken out self defense by removing the bullies by surrogates.

They have taken out masculinity by preventing the boys from being boys....

They have taken out morality by removing religion.

There are exceptions; one example is that most of our men and women in military uniform and our first responders have served and are serving bravely.

The Port Huron Statement has accomplished it's mission.

BoonDocks36, ron, 45alive and 4 others like this.
  8. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

The progs are trying their best to screw that up as well. I understand woman in the Service in many roles. A very few maybe fit for combat physically.

I get that gay men have served and want to serve but...

Are they really going to toughen up a transgender biological male into a fighting Soldier? Why would a person like that want to enlist anyway? Aren't they trying to emulate the most feminine of female traits and give up the masculine side that would be most helpful in combat?

Obvious social engineering designed to break down and weaken American institutions.

9. Ben Beckerich

You don't know very many gay people, I see.

Dudes that want to smooch on other dudes are generally a cross-section of mainstream society. There's a spectrum of masculinity (gender spectrum), and self-identifying gays place themselves across it almost exactly the same way self-identifying heterosexuals do.

In other words, gender identification really doesn't have bubblegum to do with sexual preference. FYI.

Google "masculinity and homosexuality" for further study.

P7id10T likes this.
  10. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775 Coast Range Well-Known Member

I remember the psyc-evals and the security-checks for certain...."jobs" that I applied-for when I was in the service......personality disorders of ANY KIND were a show stopper.

The template for personality disorders changes with the times...based on what Ive seen, I would be disqualified if I applied today....

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    BoonDocks36 likes this.
  11. OLDNEWBIE

Yeah, I get it. Lots of fit he-man gay guys that serve. Makes others uncomfortable in close quarters but that's another issue.

I'm talking trans types, pre-ops and crossdressers etc. They like being in lipstick, heels and mini-skirts. Don't see them really wanting to wear combat boots and cammo carrying a rifle. I figure that's just something the Progs are pushing.
    Maybe I'm wrong, perhaps we have tons of them at recruiters at this moment getting turned away.

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  12. Diamondback

You mean the Sgt. Klingers of the world? LOL

13. OLDNEWBIE

I would too. I'm too damn old!

BoonDocks36 and Oathkeeper1775 like this.
  14. OLDNEWBIE

Forgot about him. He was faking it though.

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  15. Diamondback

And they'd almost certainly have issues with my having Asperger's, despite that I believe I can point to two great generals of WWII where cases of AS were a key part of the psychological "engines" that drove them to victory.

16. Ben Beckerich

I don't know, man. I think there might be a hell of a lot more trans-gendered people out there than you think.

17. OLDNEWBIE

Back in the 80s when I was in, everywhere I was stationed had a few guys that pretty obviously had some form of Mental Retardation. Don't know how they slipped through or passed certain tests but I'm talking worse than Forest Gump.
    I'm convinced Recruiters cheated to meet quotas.

Mild psychological problems? Everyone has them I'm convinced.

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  18. OLDNEWBIE

It's cool to have "gender issues" or be gay in School nowadays. Almost celebrated in the Eugene Springfield area.
    I'm thinking a lot of kids are faking it for attention.

BoonDocks36, Redcap and Sgt Nambu like this.
  19. Diamondback

Yes, and that's the game that the Mental Health Prohibitionists won't tell you... once you get a pshrink's eye, they can see anything they want just like when they have us look at a Rorschach Inkblot.

Once we start denying firearms rights to the "less than perfect", what other rights can be taken from them? The vote? The right to make their own decisions and contracts? Even the basic right to their own LIVES? Once you open up the Pandora's Box of designating somebody "second-class" or "Untermensch"...

I'm convinced that a lot of things, particularly the "autism epidemic" bullcrap, are just plain lazy parents combined with an industry that's built an empire on activism, grievance and flimflam. Frankly, if more people were open to, as back in the Old Days, just accepting that we're all *different* and *individuals* rather than cookiecutter clone Borg Drones, I'll bet a lot of it would just go away.

Yes, there are cases that need help like institutionalization, but if we can reduce the number of False Positives cluttering the radarscope we can better focus on those who truly need it.

OLDNEWBIE and Oathkeeper1775 like this.
  20. Ben Beckerich

Could be. I can't say you're wrong.

I personally feel like we haven't reached an equilibrium in society with this stuff yet. Until we do, unfortunately, it's going to be speshul to be special, and stuff that's part of normal adolescent confusion is going to be confused with being gay. Or bi. Or trans. Or tri. Or whatever the bubblegum else is going to come up in the near future.

But there's also a lot of legitimately gender-confused people out there. The social constraints that bound them to the gender their penis or vagina assigned them are dissolving. We can look forward to a lot more gender ambiguity as our species evolves in the coming decades and centuries. I suspect in 100 years, we won't even really identify as male or female anymore.

Sgt Nambu likes this.