JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The safes on display should be locked in the first place. Most quality safes have very heavy doors, that if the safe is not properly secured it will tip over very easily when the door is open. I also don't think that kids should be playing in them, but once again a locked safe would have prevented this.

If the safe is locked how does a prospective buyer view the interior for there need? Should the doors be bolted closed on a freezer as well at the same store, they latch locked when closed and can only be opened from the outside. I expect the safe must have been secured properly as it didn't fall when the door was opened or when the kid got in it. It's a matter of parentental responsibility. The more we dumb down America the less responsibility parents seem to take for the safety of there children. I think the parents should be on the hook for not taking responsibility for there child in a public place.

Too many sad stories and many start with the parent not doing there job.

Excuse me Boss, I'm not flamming you just the thought that personal responsibilty of a parent can be negated and put the blame on the public place.

If the safe is locked how does a prospective buyer view the interior for there need? Should the doors be bolted closed on a freezer as well at the same store, they latch locked when closed and can only be opened from the outside. I expect the safe must have been secured properly as it didn't fall when the door was opened or when the kid got in it. It's a matter of parentental responsibility. The more we dumb down America the less responsibility parents seem to take for the safety of there children. I think the parents should be on the hook for not taking responsibility for there child in a public place.

Too many sad stories and many start with the parent not doing there job.

Excuse me Boss, I'm not flamming you just the thought that personal responsibilty of a parent can be negated and put the blame on the public place.

Really??? Well if you need to see the inside of a locked safe, for starters you could ask an associate to open it. I was at Dicks in Salem looking at safes last weekend and they were all locked. I asked the associate to open them and he did without hesitation,he locked them back up when I was finished looking at them.

When was the last time you went to an auto dealership saw a car you were interested in and got it in ad drove it because it was unlocked and the keys were in it? Have you ever been driving around and seen a house for sale stopped and took a tour without an appointment or making some kind of arrangements?

I am in no means saying that parents should not be responsible for their kids, all I am saying is that some kid will always find a way to do stupid things like this. I am just glad it wasn't one of mine.

Really??? Well if you need to see the inside of a locked safe, for starters you could ask an associate to open it. I was at Dicks in Salem looking at safes last weekend and they were all locked. I asked the associate to open them and he did without hesitation,he locked them back up when I was finished looking at them.

When was the last time you went to an auto dealership saw a car you were interested in and got it in ad drove it because it was unlocked and the keys were in it? Have you ever been driving around and seen a house for sale stopped and took a tour without an appointment or making some kind of arrangements?

I am in no means saying that parents should not be responsible for their kids, all I am saying is that some kid will always find a way to do stupid things like this. I am just glad it wasn't one of mine.

First Boss this happened at a Costco...ever tried to find someone to help you at a Costco? Second, if you bring your kids to ANY public place you should be in control of them. I think your comparison between auto dealerships/home for sale are silly. If you child jumps into a car or a home with out parent supervision it's at best further examples when bad things hapen to children that are not properly supervised by the parents. It's a mater of parental responsibility. I don't jump into a car or walk into a home with out premission and I know this because I am an adult. Children learn from the partents and to be blunt, it's hard to fix stupid.

At this rate we will need to bubble wrap everything and have retail stores hire more staff to keep the children safe from parents that simply are not doing there job.

Tell me where I'm wrong?

Children learn from the partents and to be blunt, it's hard to fix stupid.

Tell me where I'm wrong?

So are you telling me that the kid learned from his parents to get locked in a safe? Did the kids mom or dad try it first so then the kid decided that since he learned from his parents to get locked in a safe that he would try it too? Kids learn from trial and error and being kids. It is a parents responsibility to regulate their children, however no matter how closely you watch your kids you have to blink sometime and that is all the amount of time it takes for something like this to happen. It has nothing to do with being stupid or poor parenting.

my son is 8 now, but when he was younger he would always try to get into the safes at Bimart. Little kids like to get into bubblegum they arent supposed to. No way around that...he would also get down and crawl into the dogs house, and under cabinets... kids will be kids. Not the parents fault.

kids will be kids.

And adults will be adults too - as a fully grown adult I spent many years in the sport of spelunking - and had some very close calls a few times. The lure of the unknown is very powerful. (not that there is much "unknown" to the inside of a safe but 11 is a very inquisitive age).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top