JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From what I have heard it you have a permit there is no waiting period even with 594. I was told this by my local dealer. Don't hold me to this as it is just what I heard.....

+1

I have bought a couple retail handguns over the years since having a WA CPL, and left with the merchandise as soon as the NICS check was cleared and I paid the cashier.

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

State Constitution? What about the U.S. Constitution?? Firearm ownership is already defined there and it's very clear. "... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Does i594 infringe upon that right? Even a little?

18 pages of gobbledegook that even the legal eagles can't decipher. FFL's are refusing to do transfers. Non-FFL's can't even access the NICS to do a check. Right now the DOL is over a year behind processing the present transfers and there are no funds allocated by 594 to pay for an increase in staff.

I'm waiting for the courts to say that 594 shouldn't even have been certified to be on the ballot since it changed more than one thing like happened to Eyeman's anti-tax initiatives.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

How about doing it on tribal land, one of the reservations? Since that land isn't WA state, couldn't it be done the old way? As fas as I can tell the tribal lands don't have to follow the WA laws

How about doing it on tribal land, one of the reservations? Since that land isn't WA state, couldn't it be done the old way? As fas as I can tell the tribal lands don't have to follow the WA laws
Already discussed on here somewhere. Short answer is no, but I will try to dig up a link to the thread.

Already discussed on here somewhere. Short answer is no, but I will try to dig up a link to the thread.

How about if the "firearm" is incomplete and therefore unable to fire a projectile?
The rcw defines it as able to fire so if you remove the bolt from a rifle and sell it separately then you are not selling something that wa state law defines as a firearm.

How about if the "firearm" is incomplete and therefore unable to fire a projectile?
The rcw defines it as able to fire so if you remove the bolt from a rifle and sell it separately then you are not selling something that wa state law defines as a firearm.
That too has been discussed. It seems viable, and if I were inclined to circumvent the law that is how I would do it.

That too has been discussed. It seems viable, and if I were inclined to circumvent the law that is how I would do it.

The part with the serial number IS the firearm, All the rest of it is just parts and it does not matter if its totally disassembled and you only deliver one part a month to the new owner, its still a firearm,

I know what the RCW says and you may think your being clever but it is not going to hold up in court. You are far better off just ignoring I-594 than trying to come up with some wacky workaround.

The part with the serial number IS the firearm, All the rest of it is just parts and it does not matter if its totally disassembled and you only deliver one part a month to the new owner

According to FEDERAL law. The feds don't care about 594. Unless you can show some case law that says otherwise the rcws can't be interpreted another way from exactly what it says.

According to FEDERAL law. The feds don't care about 594. Unless you can show some case law that says otherwise the rcws can't be interpreted another way from exactly what it says.

You think if it goes to court that your interpretation that is obviously intended to try and skirt state law is going to supersede federal definition? The prosecutor is going to stand up and say, "Federal law states...." And then you get convicted. How it is worded will mean little to the jury when the intent is clear.

My point is if you want to ignore the law, Just ignore it. Don't try to come up with clever work around thinking your safe because the only person you are fooling is yourself. Currently there is no legal way to make a face to face firearm sale that does not involve a FFL. So if you dont agree just man up to what you are doing. If you are not selling guns to criminals the chance of you going to jail currently seems pretty remote. Personally I will abide by the law till I can get the hell out of this state. I am going to vote with my feet and go to Idaho, A state that likes firearms owners

You think if it goes to court that your interpretation that is obviously intended to try and skirt state law is going to supersede federal definition? The prosecutor is going to stand up and say, "Federal law states...." And then you get convicted. How it is worded will mean little to the jury when the intent is clear.

and if you have attorney that actually passed the bar it would never go to court, he would have you out of jail in less than an hour and pressing false imprisonment charges against the police department.
I would like you to show me one single case where a prosecutor even attempted to press criminal charges when the definition they are basing those charges off of is counter to the definition in the RCW that they are charging the defendant with violating.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top