JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Based upon the thread title... It would depend on what the definition of "is", is. :p

Monica, it's not about the facts. It's about the acquisition of power via a political agenda, and people's politcal perceptions are their reality. Less than 10% of humanity (at any given time) are able to actually THINK for themselves, however 100% of humanity "feels".

This is used to great effect by the (actual few in number) power-mad, greedy, megalomaniacs to manipulate the ocean of humanity to their wills. Facts are merely there to be substituted with their own reality in order to give them a sense of "fighting the good fight" against whatever it is that cuts across their "reality" (such as it is).

The old adage "you can lead a horse to water" comes to mind...

Last Edited:
The problem with the gun control argument is that facts really have no part of the discussion on the anti side. The arguments are all about feelings and very subjective. They latch on to numbers that support their feelings and ignore all of them that are contrary.

The problem with the gun control agenda is that the main goal is complete disarmament. They want us to be Britain and Australia. So anything short of complete confiscation in their eyes is them "compromising." That's why they always say, "you won't even compromise!" They feel that them allowing us to keep ANY gun is them bringing something to the table.

Facts and reason won't slow an agenda down. Complete disarmament is the goal, despite evidence and experience that shows that it's not only not possible, but won't do squat to quell violent crime.

I've come to the clear realization that you can't reason with these folks.

George Carlin summed it up best-

22180.jpe

It's an agenda for control. It matters not to people how it's done just that they achieve control. Ya'll know that and I am preaching to the choir but what's happening is they never stop, they wear you down to get their way or you die and they go after the next generation. What are the options?

I agree with most that have said it is agenda driven and only agenda a driven.

Because if they were going to look at facts and and so many say do when they compare guns to cars then you look on your FBI report it shows 1166117 arrested for driving under the influence even with all your licensing, insurance eye test and all the improvements to make cars safer yet people still brake the law and drive under the influence and how many of these caused deaths or injuries.

The anti folks are just that anti the goal is to remove all guns from civillian hands.

I agree with most that have said it is agenda driven and only agenda a driven.

Because if they were going to look at facts and and so many say do when they compare guns to cars then you look on your FBI report it shows 1166117 arrested for driving under the influence even with all your licensing, insurance eye test and all the improvements to make cars safer yet people still brake the law and drive under the influence and how many of these caused deaths or injuries.

The anti folks are just that anti the goal is to remove all guns from civillian hands.
I have stated similar things in the past during a discussion and it is completely ignored. It takes little time to google CDC stats on deaths related to hospital caused infections and deaths caused by properly prescribed and administered pharmaceuticals.

But....the diseased mind cannot comprehend these things when it's agenda is in motion.

Well shucks Monica 1 out of 3 aint bad is it? Muahahahahaha
They are coming to take your guns away hehe hoho haha.
Sung to "They are coming to take me away!"
I think Mr. O'Reilly calls that spin. The bad part is those folks who don't know the difference between paint ball guns and a BB gun will lap it up as gospel.
Gabby

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads