JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Used to have a "no soliciting" sign near the front door. It blew down and became generally unserviceable last fall and haven't seen the need to replace it until last night when a college aged girl showed up. The tanktop she wore made it look as though her boobies were going to pop out. She asked if I wanted to help her win a trip to Italy and tried to sell me some magazines.

The conversation went something like this:
"Magazines?" I asked.
"Yes, magazines", she said.
"Cool, I can always use more magazines for my AR or Glock 17."
Then when I learned they were the reading type I ran her off.

The wife said I may have to make up a new "NO SOLICITING" sign and post it. So I came up with this:

solicitingwarningCapture_zps4f90f908.jpg

She said it may be a little to heavy handed in that I might scare off the Girl Scouts.

What are your thoughts?

Hahahahahaha! "Magazines? Oh, wrong kind, get out of here you goofy kid!" I just don't answer the door unless I'm expecting you.

We have a door bell that sounds like the one on the front porch of the Addams Familys house. took forever to find the correct fog horn recording but it was worth it.

Ha Ha! They won't even read the two words on my straight up "no soliciting" sign. I always answer the door and ask "are you giving away free money?". When they say "no" I just say "too bad....have a nice day" and shut the door.o_O

I was at a hospital visiting a friend when I spied a paper recycle cart waste basket that had a sign stating;

"Quarantined Area - Contagious Diseases - Do Not Enter Without Protective Garments"

Hung it on my front door. You should see how fast the solicitors beat feet after reading that, especially if I open the door coughing my lungs out for special effects.

I would have invited her in! That's how xxx movies start out man!
Ehemn! Or so i've heard.

I did door to door sales for a couple months out of high school. I've seen guys tear down "no soliciting" signs and walk right upto the door.
Most of those people are good, honest folks just trying to make a buck, but some are low sales scum.

College girl, tank top, nice rack. I might listen for a few minutes.

Well it's a great idea. I've been polishing it a bit mentally- if there was some way you could mix the "Johnny Appleseed shooting program" with the "Girl Scouts" it'd be awesome. "Here kid- I'll hold your cookies while you practice your shooting skills,,,," Awwwww- you're out of ammo. That's good- cause well, you're now out of cookies too,,,,,,=D

I have a no soliciting sign next to my door and it only stops some of them. A few years back a guy showed up at the door and rang the bell. As soon as I opened the door he started chatting me up. I asked what he wanted and he started telling me about some cleaning products he was selling. I pointed to the sign and asked if he could read. He smiles and said "I'm not smoking" and chuckles. I asked him if the cleaner he was selling would clean up blood from my front porch. He quit chuckling and left.

We have a camera so we can see who is at the door before we open it. I normally will answer the door, always with my CC pistol on my person and often with our German Shepard at my side. If they ask if my dog is friendly I tell them "he is to me". We had a lab before this dog and if the door bell rang he would head to the door barking, many people walked away as soon as they heard him. I don't know why he acted that way as he loved everyone he met. I think a door bell of a growling barking dog would be a nice

We had a split level home, with a throw rug on the lower landing. We also had a locked, glass storm door and often left the wooden doors open, so we could look down and see who was at the door. Our dog (a Sharpe Mix) would sit at the upper landing and if a stranger rang the bell, she would fly down snarling and hit that rug with such force, it would slide halfway up the door. Good thing the UPS guy wore brown pants....:eek:

Two very polite young men dressed in dark suits came to my door Saturday and rang the bell. I answered and the youngest one said "May we come in and talk to you about your eternal soul?"

I said "Absolutely, come right in and sit down on the sofa!" They did and then I said "What shall we talk about?"

They glanced at each other for a second and then the older one said "We don't know, we've never got this far before!":D

Our Aussie Shepherd goes absolutely violent crazy and lunges at the window near the door while making noises quite worthy of a mid level demon in Dante's Inferno, whenever the door bell rings. I've tried to discourage this behavior but this is the one thing this dog simply won't stop doing. I felt bad for the cookie selling girl scouts who soiled themselves after the encounter, or at least I used to, before they raised the prices.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top